Should Stridor Trump Iron Will or Reduce it?

I feel like a survivor perk such as Iron Will shouldn't be able to completely shut down a killer perk. So, I have a idea to make both perks balanced without one side becoming useless or trumped!

Grunts of Pain: Let's assume your T.V/Headphone volume was at 10 to make my demonstration more easier to understand!

Stridor increases Grunts of Pain by +50% and Iron Will decreases Grunts of Pain by -100%. Let's do basic math:
50%-100%=-50% reduction in Grunts of Pain. Your T.V/Headphone volume will be reduced by 50% towards Grunts of Pain making it drop to 5 from its original 10. Basically they are using the No Mither reduction instead of the Iron Will reduction.

So you can still hear survivors but it's as if they are using No Mither to lower their Grunts of Pain and their Grunts of Pain is not silenced. If they where using No Mither, the -50% reduction and the 50% increase would cancel out making the No Mither survivor Grunts of Pain sound as if he was using their tier 1 No Mither with their sound towards Grunts of Pain being at 10 instead of 5.

Overall this isn't much to ask for as a killer main (2/1 Ratio) and I think that this is reasonable. Thoughts?

Edit 1: Grammar

Comments

  • Well by the same token killer stuff shouldn't override survivor stuff and vice versa across the board. Both sides are taking chances on their perk choices being useful and negating those choices because one side has a perk that counter the others is wrong.

    Billy and Nurse and now Rin with BBQ will get to you pretty quickly and whispers defeats UE/IW etc since you know they're around.

  • But... as far as I know that is how it works. You have to listen carefully, but with stridor you can hear yourself grunt even with iron will. It does up the volume again from the 100% negation.

  • powerbats said:

    Well by the same token killer stuff shouldn't override survivor stuff and vice versa across the board. Both sides are taking chances on their perk choices being useful and negating those choices because one side has a perk that counter the others is wrong.

    Billy and Nurse and now Rin with BBQ will get to you pretty quickly and whispers defeats UE/IW etc since you know they're around.

    I feel like it should be math based since realistically speaking if a survivor adds 4 (Iron Will Reduction) and the killer takes away 2 (Stridor) then you'd be left off at 2 (Final Value). Assume 4 is completely silent survivor and 0 to be a normal injured survivor. I feel like this isn't much to ask for and mathematically speaking, it's fair for both sides.
  • Stridor does trump IW, I've tried in KYF. With IW3 you make absolutely no cries, but if the killer has Stridor they can hear you cry from about 6m or so. It's very feint, something like IW1, but Stridor 3 beats IW3.

  • Mercury said:

    But... as far as I know that is how it works. You have to listen carefully, but with stridor you can hear yourself grunt even with iron will. It does up the volume again from the 100% negation.

    Does it really? I never heard myself yelp in pain whenever I used Iron Will and that's with my headphones.
  • @Nickenzie said:

    Does it really? I never heard myself yelp in pain whenever I used Iron Will and that's with my headphones.

    Well you as the user of IW III won't hear yourself but the killer with Stridor III at the 6m will.

  • powerbats said:

    @Nickenzie said:

    Does it really? I never heard myself yelp in pain whenever I used Iron Will and that's with my headphones.

    Well you as the user of IW III won't hear yourself but the killer with Stridor III at the 6m will.

    Oh, okay! Great! :)