Something scary and suspicious happened
So i was joining a lobby as survivor. There was a nea with no name which looked weird. i still could click on their steam profile and it was called "Bruh". Then i told them, that i couldnt see the name and they responded with: "cause im gay". The thing was, in the chat this person had my name with the exact same coloring, so it would look to them as if i wrote that.
I hope this guy didnt hack into my account or smth. I immediately left the lobby ofc. Did anyone experience something like that before?
Edit: Unfortunately i forgot to take a screenshot or smth, but I was actually scared that this person got into my account for a moment.
Comments
It is possible that your account can get hacked by viewing dodgy profiles. If it looks suspicious, do not touch.
Above is a link of things to do, should you think you've been hacked. Hopefully, things will be okay.
I don't know, but I'm already scared to walk around in the waiting room. One day I left the game because a user began to say things in the chat about: I will hack your steam account and those of us who were in session escaped from the room and I changed my name and put my private profile for a while lol .
I heard paulie esther talk about this on one of his streams. It's possible for hackers to send messages as someone else in dbd, and they can use this to report you which would could get you banned. If you encounter that, report them and or lobby dodge.
I've had someone use my name in a lobby before. I took a SS of everyone in the lobby if something were to come of it. I don't think you were hacked. It's some script kiddie spoofing your username in the chat field.
People with certain cheats can spoof their steam name, the account that comes up when you click their profile in a lobby/scoreboard AND they also have the ability to stop you from reporting them as well either because the account you report will link to someone else or it will display a big wall of text
You know what, when I clicked on this, I wasn't expecting to be that scary or suspicious, and it was absolutely both. Now I'm gonna spend the evening googling how to protect my account.
wth how the frick does that even work?
It's like clicking on a link from a dodgy email. Also, a while back there was a bug on Steam which was exploited by hackers to weaponise profiles. Although that bug has largely been dealt with, it's still a way for people to dupe others into checking profiles to take over the identities. Having a profile with no name is a mystery, and people love a good mystery, so it works as a lure.