Trapper quality of life ideas

Hey forum, pretty new to dbd but just wanted to leave my obligatory give trapper more traps post, it feels absolutely awful only being able to carry 1 trap at a time by default, I don't even care if he only starts with 1, just let me pick up 3 at a time so I can actually set up in an area without having to run back and forth while all the generators disappear

Going from trapper to hag was like unlocking easy mode for me, I get that the devs probably want the dlc characters to be a little stronger as they can push profits this way but trapper without add-ons feels miserable, trapper's traps are stronger than hag's marks obviously and as such he shouldn't be running around with 10 traps all in his inventory but at least let him hold a few at a time, hag doesn't need to spend all her add on slots to get a reasonable amount of marks

Also, in the same way you're guaranteed to be freed in 6 attempts, it'd be nice to make the first 2-3 attempts guaranteed not to free them, I absolutely agree survivors shouldn't be stuck in a trap for minutes on end but they also shouldn't be able to get out in a few seconds. The unreliability of how long people stay trapped for almost forces you to use traps exclusively in chases and loops rather than for map control and information, which leads to trapper's playstyle having a lot of overlap with hag, hence the comparison. Would be nice to see him be a more fun simple killer for new players rather than feeling like the product of dated design and presumably power creep.

Comments

  • I dont know why some said escape RNG is buffed for Trapper, since first attempt has lower chance.

    I mean, do they really think 17-33-50-67-83-100 is better for him than 25-25-25-25-25-25...?

    The second attempt is already on Survivor's favor than before

  • I think the changes were healthy, there should be a cap on how many attempts to get out but honestly I think it should just be a flat 10-15 seconds or something of that nature, give him a capacity of 2-3 traps by default and replace his capacity add ons with how long it takes to break out of trap or an aura reveal when you're broken out or something