How would you guys feel about being able to choose maps?
in Polls
Like if we had three options and we got to vote which map we played on.
Like if we had three options and we got to vote which map we played on.
Read THIS post.
Tldr: This is an archived version of the DBD forum, it has all posts, comments and media. The archived data will be published at the end of October. This site is not in any way affiliated with or endorsed by Behaviour Interactive.
Comments
3 options doesn't work
if the 3 options is presented to all players and all the votes have the same weight killer gets a bad map 100% of the time because survivors just choose the map they want
if both sides have the same amount of voting power and it comes down to a 50/50 most people are going to feel cheated by their map choice every other game
if killer has priority in map choice they just chose a map that benefits them and not the survivors, and stealth killers getting 3x as many indoor maps or killers never getting bad maps again doesn't seem completely fair to survivors because playing certain killers should risk getting maps that limit their potential otherwise those killers are seemingly too strong, nurse on indoor maps for example
The current way is best
I didn't think of that you are absolutely right, either way it wouldn't be fair and there would probably be a lot of complaints.
I asked the question because I seem to keep getting the same maps in a row. I feel like there should be a better rotation or choice but you provided a good point on the choice part.
Survivors would all vote for Haddonfield, Cowshed, or Game when those maps become available. It would only lead to more killers DCing.
I think it'd be good to have a random selection of maps appear like in COD. To vote for a map, you have to use a map offering (not as an offering, maybe its own thing idk) or it'll just pick one at random.
I don't like to use map offerings because I want the randomness. If we could choose it would neverendingly be the game, midwich and haddonfield maps. Maybe rpd too god forbid.
This would be terrible for the killer.
Choose maps? prolly not. Ban maps? yeah. And make it so SWF can not abuse it and SWF can not ban more maps than 1 solo survivor