For Xbox players; What is the best controller binding for survivor?
On the Xbox one, I've been playing the default controller binding settings for over a year now and I'm just now wanting to change it.
Considering that I always accidentally dropped pallets instead of healing downed teammates, I've gotten tired of all the buttons practically being the same.
What controller bindings/layouts are the most beneficial for playing as survivor? And what buttons should I change or swap to fix the gameplay in general. Some have suggested using a "Claw grip" technique when using the controller in dbd, but it's really uncomfortable and I can't get used to it.
Comments
I have same problem. Have you sloved this? I'm mad this stupid binding.
Nothing worse than trying to open the 99'd gate and healing instead. Or dropping the pallet. Or slow vaulting a pallet with the chain hunt all over you.
Get the actions separated as much as you can.
Personally, I have running as LB, Pick up items/interactions (gens, gates, etc) as RB, Actions (pallets, windows) as X, skillchecks as X, Ability 1 as A, Ability 2 as Y, Event Ability as pressing the right stick, and wiggling as LB. That's what's worked for me since I started playing around Deathslinger's release. You should experiment with what you find best for you
I like X for interactions (repairing, healing, etc.) and Y for Ability 2. RB is reserved for quick actions in chase, like vaults and pallets.