NOED

I think it is about time I make a post about this perk

First I want to get out of the way that NOED is by far the most poorly thought out perk In DBD history.

But why is the perk so poorly thought out, well I personally think it boils down to the fact that it instills a false sense of skill or "doing well" into players that run the perk (especially new ones)

Take a match where the killer only has maybe 2 hooks, once 5 gens are done this could be due to over-committing to chases or just being new, If that killer doesn't have NOED the game is pretty well a loss there isn't going to be a lot that the killer can do unless the survivors decided to play super cocky and get themselves killed.

This outcome is to be expected the killer lost because the performance of the killer in the game was poor.

Take the same situation but through NOED into the mix and now the killer has a very high chance at getting a 4 or 3k simply because of one perk.

Now yes NOED is a hex perk so it can be countered by just finding the totem or pre-cleansing all 5 but the issues with that are that some maps totems are almost impossible to find and the amount of time it is going to take a survivor to find all 5 is basically going to cost them the match.

Now the next question is if I think it is such an issue what is an alternative, I believe there is only one.

Remove NOED from the game entirely, but I understand that will never happen so I shall remain in my fantasy.

Comments

1 2 ›