Prevalence of Strong Items/Addons/Offerings at high MMR

I don't mind seeing super strong stuff every now and then, but recently EVERY match has had everyone using the strongest stuff on both sides.

It's exhausting because you basically have to do the same thing to keep up.

I'm not sure if it's some psychological effect with the players where MMR is encouraging sweaty matches which then encourages sweaty loadouts which further encourages sweaty loadouts for others in future matches or if the sweaty loadouts are just so strong that the people using them are just most of the people at high MMR but something needs to change IMO.

Maybe the MMR system needs to start accounting for your loadout when matching, this would result in builds being locked after you start matching but it would certainly fix the issue.

Comments

  • Every match I've played against a nurse with MMR, they all had double recharge addons, or in an edge case, a recharge and distance addon

    Every Trapper game I've played against trapper with MMR, they all had iri stone and purple bag

  • All I’ll say is that I used to run casual survivor builds for fun. Today I switched my build to DS/UB/SB/IW based on how my matches are going.

    I didn’t think I’d ever want to take off Kindred in solo queue, but my first match with that build consisted of me being camped into second state, immediately tunnelled off hook, slugged until my recover bar was 99, then picked up and I only escaped because of DS. So I think I’ll be running this build for a while.

  • @xenotimebong said:

    All I’ll say is that I used to run casual survivor builds for fun. Today I switched my build to DS/UB/SB/IW based on how my matches are going.

    I didn’t think I’d ever want to take off Kindred in solo queue, but my first match with that build consisted of me being camped into second state, immediately tunnelled off hook, slugged until my recover bar was 99, then picked up and I only escaped because of DS. So I think I’ll be running this build for a while.

    I feel you

    I used to never run DS, I thought it was a perk that was simply being wasted because killers never usually hardcore tunnelled me - they would only tunnel if they were losing their grip on the match which is understandable

    Now I've had so many games where I am straight up hardcore tunnelled from the start.

  • "It's exhausting because you basically have to do the same thing to keep up."

    No, you haven't. You can just keep playing with your casual builds until your MMR drops down and you start facing opponents who also run casual builds.

    If you run strong stuff, you should go against opponents who also bring strong stuff.

  • @GrimoireWeiss said:

    "It's exhausting because you basically have to do the same thing to keep up."

    No, you haven't. You can just keep playing with your casual builds until your MMR drops down and you start facing opponents who also run casual builds.

    If you run strong stuff, you should go against opponents who also bring strong stuff.

    You shouldn't have to lose a bunch of games just to be able to run the perks you want

    Perks have nothing to do with skill, how you USE perks, sure - there's skill involved there.

  • @GrimoireWeiss said:

    "It's exhausting because you basically have to do the same thing to keep up."

    No, you haven't. You can just keep playing with your casual builds until your MMR drops down and you start facing opponents who also run casual builds.

    If you run strong stuff, you should go against opponents who also bring strong stuff.

    I've been playing all day without using super strong stuff, literally 0 change. I've said screw it and started using strong stuff now though, still seeing strong stuff just about every match but at least I feel a little even

  • @Brokenbones said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2431049#Comment_2431049

    I feel you

    I used to never run DS, I thought it was a perk that was simply being wasted because killers never usually hardcore tunnelled me - they would only tunnel if they were losing their grip on the match which is understandable

    Now I've had so many games where I am straight up hardcore tunnelled from the start.

    I’ve never seen so many killers get hit by DS since the nerf, in fact for a while I didn’t see it used in a single game. Now, almost every single match the killer will get hit by at least one, often more, because they’re so aggressive about going after someone just off hook.

    I don’t want to be a meta slave, but I also want to be able to play a match for longer than one chase. It is what it is I suppose.

  • @xenotimebong said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2431053#Comment_2431053

    I’ve never seen so many killers get hit by DS since the nerf, in fact for a while I didn’t see it used in a single game. Now, almost every single match the killer will get hit by at least one, often more, because they’re so aggressive about going after someone just off hook.

    I don’t want to be a meta slave, but I also want to be able to play a match for longer than one chase. It is what it is I suppose.

    And likewise I've never used DS and had it go off so many times in my thousands of hours with this game. Even before the recent nerf

    It's actually insane.