it's devs time to add a perk finder/perk search.

when I try to search for a perk, I lose like ... 2 minutes searching for it

Comments

  • But they're all in alphabetical order tho

  • @CornHub said:

    But they're all in alphabetical order tho

    Still would be better if we at least had tabs like in dbd mobile, based on the Perk's use.

  • @CornHub said:

    But they're all in alphabetical order tho

    That's not a reason to not have one. Imagina being on Facebook without having a search bar, and you would have to go for every person name in alphabetical order to search who you want.

    5 Years of DBD and yet a basic search perk isn't present, just show how much where the efforts for DBD are going...

  • There's only like, 6 pages, and they're in alphabetical order.

    It takes about 10 seconds to find the right page, then up to 15 seconds max to find the perk itself if you don't immediately recognise it's icon.

  • Just because they are in order don't mean you remember the name when you want to. You can misremember names or not know the icon offhand. I think it would be nice to allow presets. Say I want to change from my red herring/unhook build to my disappear under their nose build because two bills popped into the lobby. With no consistent length of time to queue it would be much easier to swap a loadout than find 4 perks you don't use as often.


    I don't play as much as I once did and I play other things. It doesn't seem like that awful of a task and it could help everyone out. Just because you all play a bunch and don't have the issue don't mean it wouldn't be a nice QoL addition to a game that others not on the forums would enjoy a good deal.

    @CornHub said:

    But they're all in alphabetical order tho

    @SimpingForKyoraku said:

    It's not difficult to find perks. I can pick a loadout, change it three times, and still have 30 seconds left in the lobby. Just memorize it, it's only six pages.

    @Seraphor said:

    There's only like, 6 pages, and they're in alphabetical order.

    It takes about 10 seconds to find the right page, then up to 15 seconds max to find the perk itself if you don't immediately recognise it's icon.


  • @Thrax said:

    Just because they are in order don't mean you remember the name when you want to. You can misremember names or not know the icon offhand. I think it would be nice to allow presets. Say I want to change from my red herring/unhook build to my disappear under their nose build because two bills popped into the lobby. With no consistent length of time to queue it would be much easier to swap a loadout than find 4 perks you don't use as often.

    I don't play as much as I once did and I play other things. It doesn't seem like that awful of a task and it could help everyone out. Just because you all play a bunch and don't have the issue don't mean it wouldn't be a nice QoL addition to a game that others not on the forums would enjoy a good deal.

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2430799#Comment_2430799

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2430917#Comment_2430917

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2430951#Comment_2430951

    Preset Loadouts would be nice.

    But how are you going to search for a perk that you don't remember the name of?

  • @Seraphor said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2430994#Comment_2430994

    Preset Loadouts would be nice.

    But how are you going to search for a perk that you don't remember the name of?

    reading the description and making the loadout then not having to recall its name

  • @Thrax said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2431005#Comment_2431005

    reading the description and making the loadout then not having to recall its name

    But TC is asking for a search function.

  • I agree, OP. I would love a change like this.

  • Woh freaky! I was just thinking the same thing!

    Their should be a filter that can have you search by killer/ survivor or type ^^

    So if you are looking for an exhaustion perk you can group them all up nicely, for example.

  • Personally i would prefer it if you could favourite perks for each killer. These would appear on the first page of that killers perk loadout. That'd be a lot more simple. Survivors though, they are all just skins so they should have a search bar.

  • @SimpingForKyoraku said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2430994#Comment_2430994

    It would be unnecessary to focus on, and they have better things to do. Choose your loadout before readying up. Or just memorize it.

    Just because you don't play enough doesn't mean that the game needs something specifically catering to you.

    I generally do figure it out first but you don't know what the other randos you have will come in looking like they are ready for. If I'm running my unhook build solo and I get a couple few megs pop into the lobby with lights I'm going to assume they'll probably be trying for saves or getting the attention enough I can prep for totems and gens more over altruism.


    You're right though they haven't had a functional game on every platform in years so I'm asking for a miracle if I think it wouldn't erase my disconnected hdds

  • Shoulda been a thing from the start tbh.

  • either or both would be a nice addition. we'll be on 7 pages of perks soon enough.


    It would also be nice for the times you pick someone else to have a loadout for what they have unlocked. With the number of crap games playing solo with people that clearly don't get the basics anything to shave some time off the inbetween would be welcomed by many.