Are the emblems related to MMR?

Since the MMR was enabled, there has been a lot more camping.

I'm not exactly sure what contributes to the MMR as killer, is it kills, BP, emblems?

Even though I've been getting better team mates in solo Q, how does it work for survivor? Same question as I have above. Is it emblems? Points? Time surviving?

From what I see, people who main killer have complained about facing more "sweaty" SWFs.

So who does MMR reward and for what? Why am I going against killers who get 1/2k because of facecamping, while alright team mates, and killers are going against coordinated SWFs?

Maybe the system rewards kills more than emblems and points? That would maybe explain the camping killers.

Comments

  • I feel like they're only measured through kills or escapes. I hope it goes more in-depth than that but I doubt it.

    But it also makes more sense to keep the emblems tied to the rank system more.

  • @MyNamePete said:

    I feel like they're only measured through kills or escapes. I hope it goes more in-depth than that but I doubt it.

    But it also makes more sense to keep the emblems tied to the rank system more.

    But if MMR comes to replace the ranking system, why would emblems matter then? If there's no ranks, and the emblems are only associated with ranks, emblems don't really matter.

    I do hope MMR is not only measured through kills/escapes, because that will only benefit SWF, camping/tunneling. Which are already things that have more pros than cons and most people don't enjoy.

  • @Marigoria said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2430412#Comment_2430412

    But if MMR comes to replace the ranking system, why would emblems matter then? If there's no ranks, and the emblems are only associated with ranks, emblems don't really matter.

    I do hope MMR is not only measured through kills/escapes, because that will only benefit SWF, camping/tunneling. Which are already things that have more pros than cons and most people don't enjoy.

    There are ranks, they'll be based on how much bloodpoints you receive at rank reset.

    They aren't replacing the ranking system, just the matchmaking system.

  • @MyNamePete said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2430416#Comment_2430416

    There are ranks, they'll be based on how much bloodpoints you receive at rank reset.

    They aren't replacing the ranking system, just the matchmaking system.

    When did they say you'd be getting bloodpoints for ranks? Wasn't that months ago? I dont see it coming anytime soon.

  • @Marigoria said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2430419#Comment_2430419

    When did they say you'd be getting bloodpoints for ranks? Wasn't that months ago? I dont see it coming anytime soon.

    Yes they did say that months ago, and even in the latest mmr post they made a few days ago.

    Not to call you out or anything, but it does really amaze me just how many people don't read that part of the post.

  • @MyNamePete said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2430422#Comment_2430422

    Yes they did say that months ago, and even in the latest mmr post they made a few days ago.

    Not to call you out or anything, but it does really amaze me just how many people don't read that part of the post.

    I did read it, and again, where are the points for rank? last one was 2 days ago, and still nothing. I don't feel called out because I'm not the one promising things for months and not delivering

  • "In the future, once we’ve officially changed to SBMM, ranks will remain as a monthly progression system. Each month, your rank will reset to 20, and you’ll earn Bloodpoints based on how much you’ve ranked up. Both Killer and Survivor have their own rewards, so you can earn double the points by ranking up both sides."


    says it right there

    they said itll happen once mmr is officially the matchmaking system, so i dont understand what "im not the one promising things for months and not delivering" refers to.