Stretch Resolution

Shouldn’t be a thing, being able to see over certain loops that you shouldn’t in a normal res provides more of a advantage over killer.

Disclaimer: I do play both equally sides.

Comments

  • Agreed it shouldn't provide an advantage. Bhvr should fix resolution scaling since you can't force players to use certain aspect ratios thanks to developments in monitor technology.

  • If I understand correctly (probably not?), stretched res is done by an external program so is impossible to prevent from the game itself, so posting on this forum isn't going to change much

  • @JPA said:

    If I understand correctly (probably not?), stretched res is done by an external program so is impossible to prevent from the game itself, so posting on this forum isn't going to change much

    Games can force specific resolution scaling

  • "iT JuST lOoKs BEttEr"

  • Non-stretched:

    Screenshot_14.png

    Stretched:

    Stretched chain.jpg

    I took these during the Silent Hill release event last year. I reported it with plenty of evidence of an actual difference and they have done nothing about it... over a year later. It literally allows you to see more than you're supposed to normally. The chain is floating in midair from being able to see more than you should. Ridiculous