SBMM kills casual gameplay
This goes for both killer and survivor. There should be some sort of competitive mode if people want to sweat.
My personal experience with SBMM has been dying at 5 gens or getting the swat teams. (Usually a purple rank solo/duo survivor, red rank killer) I consider myself a decent player but I play casual. I don’t care about winning every match but I also don’t enjoy getting roasted every match. I honestly feel like I got people at my skill level before this SBMM was enabled. This is just my experience.
Comments
then keep playing casual and your SBMM will go down and then you will be at your comfortable level.
A competitive mode wouldn't work, because at the end of the day people will flock to whichever has the fastest queues making the whole thing irrevelant.
If you are playing casually you shouldn't be caring about whether you win or lose and if you are being outmatched consistently the mmr system will hopefully throw you against opponents closer to your skill level.
I don't like it either. Im forced to play good killers now, when I was trying to play bad killers like Trickster.