Carebear tactics

So, rank is no longer a thing? It's like... Gone? You can no longer see anyone's rank displayed on the post-game screen. Am I missing something, was this a decision for something specific by BHVR that I did not hear about? Can anyone explain?

Tagged: Mod

Comments

  • This is due to Skill Based Match Making being implemented a little while ago - for this test Ranks are hidden.

  • @Mandy said:

    This is due to Skill Based Match Making being implemented a little while ago - for this test Ranks are hidden.

    So this means they will eventually be back, correct? What I mean is, is BHVR slowly paving the way to remove rank from the game, or this just purely for the test period, a normal protocol that comes and goes.

  • They are removed for the test - I don't have information if ranks will be shown when the SBMM is fully implemented into the game. That's probably still being decided.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2420369#Comment_2420369

    Because casuals can't be bothered to read Tweets/dev blogs, people got salty at any perceived matchmaking discrepancies with Rankings.

    So they masked the ranks during this test.

    Ranks will return at some point, and basically be re-tooled into something entirely different.

    You know how a lot of people that say ranks are not indicative of skill, but rather play-time? Yeah, that.

    MMR will be hidden, but you'll always have a nice number to carry around on a stick to show people your devotion to the game. (Unlike the current devotion which isn't showed to Players, eh, maybe that'll become a border effect)

    I am not sure if I read you right, but there is absolutely no one in this game that can tell me rank does not reflect player skill level. I have never seen a single red rank who does not know how to play the game, but I have seen plenty of ranks falling outside red who showcase their lack of knowledge over the game and veteran tactics which only becomes more apparent the further you go the rabbit hole all the way to the rank 20.