Killer able to chat in lobby

PC - Steam

Patch 5.1.1 - Just now at 22:50 GMT 10/08/2021

The main reason I'm reporting this is because the killer chose to be a toddler and said Hey ------ (the N word), the point being, killers will abuse this to grief and be immature, especially since they remain more or less anonymous.

The killer was not on Steam as the Crossplay symbol appeared next to its name.

There was 1 survivor and the killer playing via Crossplay.

The other survivors and I were on Steam and coincidentally all from the UK, in case it matters (maybe the whole lobby was playing from the same country).

I was not able to catch a screenshot but we did report the killer in-game. Regardless, a screenshot wouldn't have provided any information on the lobby bug.

First and only time I've seen this happen. However, it is 1/5 lobbies during this patch.

Tagged: Pending

Comments

  • @razvicool said:

    PC - Steam

    Patch 5.1.1 - Just now at 22:50 GMT 10/08/2021

    The main reason I'm reporting this is because the killer chose to be a toddler and said Hey ------ (the N word), the point being, killers will abuse this to grief and be immature, especially since they remain more or less anonymous.

    The killer was not on Steam as the Crossplay symbol appeared next to its name.

    There was 1 survivor and the killer playing via Crossplay.

    The other survivors and I were on Steam and coincidentally all from the UK, in case it matters (maybe the whole lobby was playing from the same country).

    I was not able to catch a screenshot but we did report the killer in-game. Regardless, a screenshot wouldn't have provided any information on the lobby bug.

    First and only time I've seen this happen. However, it is 1/5 lobbies during this patch.

    was the killer a hacker?

  • Just so you know Windows Store shows up as crossplay but is another pc platform that can chat. Crossplay does not automatically mean console.

    There's also Stadia.

  • @Crowman said:

    Just so you know Windows Store shows up as crossplay but is another pc platform that can chat. Crossplay does not automatically mean console.

    There's also Stadia.

    There was no indication that crossplay means console, but thanks.

  • That is not something I would know nor something I could find out by legal means.

    If however you mean, did the killer cheat during the match?; He/She disconnected before interacting with us, roughly 15 seconds into the match.