Early Game Buff for Trapper + Additional Abilities

Let the Trapper start the trial with extra trap(s). He starts with more trap(s) in hand and has less trap(s) starting on the ground; the total number of traps available remains unchanged. His carry limit will still be 1 without addons, and can only be exceeded at the very start of the match.

Give him an activateable ability to bypass armed traps:

  • Tap the secondary power button whille near an armed trap
    • The Trapper takes a big step forward and cannot turn his character
    • The Trapper will be immune to his own armed traps for a brief duration (think Dead Hard)
  • This cannot be used while transporting survivors
  • There is no cooldown

Give him a secondary power ability to gather unarmed traps from afar:

  • Hold the secondary power button to summon a crow
    • The Trapper's movespeed will be reduced for the duration
    • The unarmed trap which is furthest away from the Trapper will be picked up and removed from the map
    • The crow will give this trap back to the Trapper (these two events happen simultaneously; the Trapper does not have to wait for the crow to fly across the map)
    • If there are no unarmed traps available, the crow will show the auras of survivors in close proximity to any armed trap for a short duration
  • This secondary ability has a cooldown

Comments

  • I had already thought of a secondary power that would give the trapper the ability to collect the traps from a distance, that way it would solve its biggest problem in my opinion, which is having to waste an absurd time collecting the traps scattered around the map, I thought of something like actually teleporting it the traps to your hand, but this crow idea was amazing, I would love to see it implemented

  • @InquisitorKng said:

    I had already thought of a secondary power that would give the trapper the ability to collect the traps from a distance, that way it would solve its biggest problem in my opinion, which is having to waste an absurd time collecting the traps scattered around the map, I thought of something like actually teleporting it the traps to your hand, but this crow idea was amazing, I would love to see it implemented

    I had also suggested traps teleporting to his hand in the past, but the crow seemed to be a little more fitting.

    (Not to say that traps are light enough to be carried by crows or that the Trapper has an affiliation with crows. The Entity doesn't strictly follow the laws of physics of our reality, and since crows are servants of the Entity, they could serve the killers as well.)