So when are the devs gonna fix Blight... again?

Butter Blight is fun and all, until you realise some maps are just anti Blight with how much butter they're coated in.

I would love to be able to bounce off of anything, but apparently coldwind disagrees with my presumption.

Comments

  • Someone once said that knowing which parts of the map are smeared in butter and which aren't is an important part of his skill ceiling.

    And honestly? I felt that.

  • @Clowning said:

    Someone once said that knowing which parts of the map are smeared in butter and which aren't is an important part of his skill ceiling.

    And honestly? I felt that.

    Well you see... that would be a good thing to know...

    If that stayed consistent from update to update.

    The devs are too generous with how much butter they place on the maps.

  • I feel there will never be a point where Blight is 100% fixed. If you make him collide too easily he's going to be unplayable on indoor maps. And as someone said above, knowing which places you can slide of can give you some nasty hits, especially on shack and Autohaven/Badham cars

  • @GrimoireWeiss said:

    I feel there will never be a point where Blight is 100% fixed. If you make him collide too easily he's going to be unplayable on indoor maps. And as someone said above, knowing which places you can slide of can give you some nasty hits, especially on shack and Autohaven/Badham cars

    And as I said to him, it would be nice to know what places to bounce off of. If those stayed truly consistent across updates.

    And FYI, I've mained the Blight since he came out. Slogged through the months on console where he was straight garbage. Learned how many maps operate in terms of slamming I to things.

    But never has a game pissed me off more than DBD when it comes to Blight. Mostly because for some reason, even when I'm looking directly at the object I'm going to slam into. The game decides, "nah son," and sends me a mile away from where the survivor was.

  • @GrimoireWeiss said:

    I feel there will never be a point where Blight is 100% fixed. If you make him collide too easily he's going to be unplayable on indoor maps. And as someone said above, knowing which places you can slide of can give you some nasty hits, especially on shack and Autohaven/Badham cars

    But he WAS 100% fixed. When he first released, there was no sliding. Now, there's sliding and he feels awful.

  • Killer shack and Ormound snow I am fine with but some reason the rocks on Shelter Woods slide all the time.

  • I don't understand why they don't copy paste Billy's collision code and call it a day. It seems to me like a quick fix. But there must be something I'm not aware of.