I can't PIP

Survivor side, I simply can't pip. I'll get in a chase, eventually downed, and left to die on first hook or be farmed. For the last three weeks, all I've really gotten on survivor side is chase points. That's it.

I can't pip. SWF, solo, it doesn't matter; I can't pip. Honestly, it's not fun. Why should I bother to play the game?

Comments

  • The common denominator here seems to be you. Maybe try not getting caught right away.

  • The best suggestion I can give you, is to not focus on pips and ranks. I understand that for many players, hitting rank 1 for the first time is something that brings a great sense of accomplishment, but treating DbD as a competitive game is a major mistake, because it simply isn't. It's random, it's silly, it's often poorly balanced and again, it's extremely random at its core.

    Take a step back and enjoy the chaos, or find something else to define your own value than pips, it really is the only way. Matter of fact, many players cheer when they depip, because it means they're just slightly less likely to face a Spirit that figured out how to use headphones, or a full gaming chaired 4 stack.

  • Yeah I feel like they made it harder to pip recently. I can still get rank 1 fairly easily it just takes me a lot longer now. Basically if I make 1 mistake in a game it won't pip me in red ranks.

  • If you have such problems then hide near a gene and wait until the killer is over. Then do the gene. Most of the time, the killer finds someone else in front of them.

  • Pee In Public?

    it’s ok. Performance anxiety gets everybody now and then.

    after a while pipping gets more difficult. I have the same issue as survivor. Just lacking a bit of skill on my part though.

  • @Clowning said:

    The best suggestion I can give you, is to not focus on pips and ranks. I understand that for many players, hitting rank 1 for the first time is something that brings a great sense of accomplishment, but treating DbD as a competitive game is a major mistake, because it simply isn't. It's random, it's silly, it's often poorly balanced and again, it's extremely random at its core.

    Take a step back and enjoy the chaos, or find something else to define your own value than pips, it really is the only way. Matter of fact, many players cheer when they depip, because it means they're just slightly less likely to face a Spirit that figured out how to use headphones, or a full gaming chaired 4 stack.

    Without a doubt, I've put myself in a role to just help other survivors. If I'm SWFing and they have challenges to do, I'll put myself in the way for them (need heals? I'll go get hit. Need totems? I'll lead you to some I found. Need to burn medkits? Use mine. So on and so on). Last second death to rescue someone so they escape? Definite win for me.

    I just don't pip anymore, is all. Oh well. Never honestly mattered, anyway, and I've been rank 1 before a long time ago.