Castlevania Chapter: Yea or Nay?
in Polls
Potential Killer: The Vampire (Vlad Dracula Tepes)
Potential Survivor: Trevor Belmont, Sypha Belnades
Potential Killer: The Vampire (Vlad Dracula Tepes)
Potential Survivor: Trevor Belmont, Sypha Belnades
Read THIS post.
Tldr: This is an archived version of the DBD forum, it has all posts, comments and media. The archived data will be published at the end of October. This site is not in any way affiliated with or endorsed by Behaviour Interactive.
Comments
Legacy of Darkness has been my Favorite. But maybe Medusa from the First one would be a possibility.
I don't like the concept of stretching DBD into Franchises that have had projects in the ESRB TEEN ratings. Sends the wrong message. Also, Dracula and all the old Universal classic monsters are royalty free, I believe. If they wanted Dracula in the game they sure as hell wouldn't pay for it.
Voted other because there's already been an animation with a blood-drinking vampire so I'm guessing they have one in the works. I would assume it would be an original killer since... vampires are so ubiquitous and you don't really need a specific one to sell a vampire killer.
This ^^
I think it would be far more interesting to see Dead By Daylight's iteration of the classic character that really leans much more heavily into darker horror elements of his story. They've already proven time and time again they can create compelling OC's and they've even proved they can take a recognizable and widely known character and create their own version of their story that sticks to the original core elements that made them who they are while also introducing new, fitting, and otherwise interesting elements to their characters like they did for Ghostface and I can only assume exactly like what they would do for Dracula.
I appreciate all of your feedback. From what I've read I actually agree that having an original Vampire killer instead of a licensed one has way better potential to be amazing. I'm sure there will be a The Vampire one day in DBD.
That's hot.
There's been a couple M rated games in the series, with the most obvious being Lament of Innocence.