As a new player...
I'm a fledgling killer. Just started to play after the anniversary (Darn) but at least got some of the bloodhunt.
This is a cross section of a few of my games the last few days. somewhat discouraging.
And yes, all of them where SWF as I checked beforehand and decided to just go ahead with the match.
Its not the SWF I have a problem with as such, but it sure is compounded by the huge disparity in rank, and the fact that you can have that much disparity in rank against a newbie feels, somewhat less than fair.
At this point I would like some advice, because while I like the game, I must admit I don't like getting stomped by someone admittedly over my skill tier. and while I do have thick skin, being teabagged and all of the other fun things that happen in most of that type of matches does not help either.
So as I'm guessing its by design and wont change, I see three options for my sanity.
- either dodge any hint of SWF (since I cant see their rank beforehand)
- Try my best to identify the weak link (if there is one) and basically tunnel them out.
- Stop playing
Comments
Unfortunately dead by daylight is not known for its stellar matchmaking. There was supposed to be an offline bot mode that came with the mid-chapter update, but for some reason it didn't happen and BHVR hasn't responded one way or another as to why. It certainly would go a long way to helping new players such as yourself, and all players in general to help them practice the mechanics of all killers.
Sadly there's no fair balancing in this game, you just have to accept it for what it is. Like you I don't like getting wrecked over and over either, but the sooner you can accept it, the better. Sad to say you just have to grin and bear it.
I'd probably say to use these rounds to experiment with in-trial tactics and learn ways in which survivors can juke you, understand where and when to start or end chases, and learn to see how each player uses their characters to learn any repeated habits they do.
If you feel that you're gonna get stomped, you can at least get somw important styles and experiences from these games.
Also, as a final point, play as survivor. You'll actually learn a lot about being a killer by putting yourself in the shoes of your prey and seeing it from another perspective. By learning tricks as a survivor and working with others, it may give you ideas on how to combat such situations.
You might not be good at killer right now but with practice every killer is viable and powerful against the best of teams! Keep trying and don't be afraid to play survivor to see how other killers play.