“The way you played wasn’t fun for the survivors”

Actual quote I got from my last game. I was going against a SWFs in coms so I secured a early 3 gen and slowly bled out there resources in my 3 gen area using the same hook in between the gens while patrolling it and prioritizing the unhooked survivors till I ended with a 3k.


securing that early 3 gen was the only reason I got any kills if one of those gens had fallen it would have been a 4 escape. so end game chat comes and it’s all “you tunneled you camped” which I did.


but the real kicker for me is “that wasn’t fun for the survivors”


And?


l’m confused, do you think that you constantly calling out my position over coms is fun for the killer? Do you think 4 DSes is fun? Flashlight stalkers swarming every pickup? Constantly trying to distract me with your best looper who immediately runs to the portion of the map with the most pallets is fun? Borrowed time, unbreakable, dead hard, deliverance and the key you brought is fun?


I’m not even saying you shouldn’t do that stuff but why do you expect me to care about your fun? You don’t care about mine.

Comments

  • This is like the 10,000th post like this.

  • @WexlerWendigo said:

    This is like the 10,000th post like this.

    And it is the 10,000th time some people block their ears and go la la la la EVERYTHING IS FINE!

  • @Zozzy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2409054#Comment_2409054

    And it is the 10,000th time some people block their ears and go la la la la EVERYTHING IS FINE!

    Yeah, this is fine. Both sides should consider the other when playing.

  • Omfg...

    This mentality right here is the problem and it's so damn hypocritical.

    "Oh I didn't have fun playing this game cus the killer decided to camp/tunnel me." *Says the survivors who knock out 3 gens in 2 minutes with the killer having gotten just 1 hook in.*

    Honestly I'm tired of this kind of entitled mentality. "What about the survivors fun, what about my fun?" Yeah well what about my fun as the killer? You think I enjoy having to constantly sweat out matches every time I queue up? You think I have fun when I have to go against SWF death squads who bully me and hold the game hostage until they get bored? You think I enjoy being ran through endless god loops over and and over, getting tea bag taunted all along the way? You think I enjoy only ever having to play the same killers over and over again with the same meta perks and builds? No, I don't. I too would like to have fun and play chill every now and again too you know.


    It's funny I wonder if the people with this kind of mentality act the same way in other games? If you play Counter Strike or any kind of battle royal game, do you cry about how "They're not thinking about my fun" if you're the first one to die for multiple rounds? It's even funnier that earlier you said that gen rushing is OK cus it helps the survivors get their goal and get a 4 man escape. Oh so that's ok to do, but the killer (whose objective is to -KILL- you) isn't allowed to do their job as efficiently as possible? In fact how many threads are on here with survivors saying that "Killers aren't entitled to 4K games". Ok, well then the same applies to you survivors, you're not entitled to a 4 man escape.


    TL;DR - Quit this BS mentality of how the game revolves around the fun of the survivors. Killers like to have fun too, and none of you ever consider whether we're having fun or not. And again it's very hypocritical to say only survivors can do everything and anything to do their job aas efficiently as possible but killers should be beaten with a baseball bat if they even think about hooking the same survivor twice in a row.

1 2 ›