It is too easy to pip

Seriously, on both sides pipping is really ez now. Rank 1 can be achieved by anyone and it's just really annoying pipping up extremly fast. A solution could be raise the conditions to pip so itll be harder to rank up. Maybe remove safety pip or raise it up one or two notches.

Comments

  • I think rank is underrated and overrated at the same time. I disagree that just anyone can get there, since it's a pretty small percentage of both survivors and killers that actually reach rank 1. Where I agree with you is that rank isn't always an indication of skill. I have only reached rank 1 as survivor (7 for killer) and I still notice survivors dying to killers they had absolutely no business dying to.

    The same with killers. Even at rank 1, they too often let their pride get the best of them and over focus on chasing down a survivor that's wasting too much of their time. It can be annoying when I watch streamers like TrueTalent and Monto who are constantly jerking themselves off about rank. Okay, especially True. He can get downright insufferable. Tydetyme is a little bit better about it, but even he still occasionally says things like "Oh, that person shouldn't be rank 1 because they made X mistake." It's silly. Being good doesn't mean you don't make mistakes, even obvious ones at times. It just means you make them less often.

    Where I disagree is that rank is no indication of skill at all, for the simple fact that you're not going to find a God like nurse at rank 20. It just won't happen. So, yeah. It's not completely meaningless, but most people could definitely afford to be a bit more humble about it.

  • Wahara said:

    I think rank is underrated and overrated at the same time. I disagree that just anyone can get there, since it's a pretty small percentage of both survivors and killers that actually reach rank 1. Where I agree with you is that rank isn't always an indication of skill. I have only reached rank 1 as survivor (7 for killer) and I still notice survivors dying to killers they had absolutely no business dying to.

    The same with killers. Even at rank 1, they too often let their pride get the best of them and over focus on chasing down a survivor that's wasting too much of their time. It can be annoying when I watch streamers like TrueTalent and Monto who are constantly jerking themselves off about rank. Okay, especially True. He can get downright insufferable. Tydetyme is a little bit better about it, but even he still occasionally says things like "Oh, that person shouldn't be rank 1 because they made X mistake." It's silly. Being good doesn't mean you don't make mistakes, even obvious ones at times. It just means you make them less often.

    Where I disagree is that rank is no indication of skill at all, for the simple fact that you're not going to find a God like nurse at rank 20. It just won't happen. So, yeah. It's not completely meaningless, but most people could definitely afford to be a bit more humble about it.

    Oh yeah definently. What I was trying to say is that I'm ranking up extremly fast. I've seen other players rank up very fast as well. My point was that ranking up could be a little harder since its pretty easy right now
  • There's not much of a point of getting rank 1 besides better competition. There should be some kind of reward.

  • They need to introduce a casual mode, make it harder to rank up and give rewards at the end of the season. 
  • Yeah, I never really got why there isn't an unranked system for those of us who don't care. I'm not saying there isn't any reasons, but I got noth'n.

  • There's not much of a point of getting rank 1 besides better competition. There should be some kind of reward.

    They should either give us shards, bps, auric cells (not very likely) or a cosmetic item. A reward would definitely entice people to stay up in the high ranks
  • @MyNamePete said:
    There's not much of a point of getting rank 1 besides better competition. There should be some kind of reward.

    And that one achievement.

  • Tsulan said:
    They need to introduce a casual mode, make it harder to rank up and give rewards at the end of the season. 
    A casual mode would be amazing. The thing is tho, if swf is disabled in ranked then why would people want to play ranked mode. It would split the player base. A reward at the end is a good idea to get people to play but either way, lots of players wont even want to touch ranked mode. I'd love a casual mode but the playerbase would then split causing longer que times for both sides.
  • @PhantomMask20763 said:
    Seriously, on both sides pipping is really ez now. Rank 1 can be achieved by anyone and it's just really annoying pipping up extremly fast. A solution could be raise the conditions to pip so itll be harder to rank up. Maybe remove safety pip or raise it up one or two notches.

    Survivors asked for free pips, the devs handed it to them.

    Rank 1 is a joke on both sides now. Imagine reaching the HIGHEST COMPETITIVE RANK in any other competitive game as a beginner player. Grand master after playing a game in a single month? That would be laughable^^

  • @se05239 said:

    @MyNamePete said:
    There's not much of a point of getting rank 1 besides better competition. There should be some kind of reward.

    And that one achievement.

    Is there actually an achievement? I play on ps4 and there isn't one on there.

  • @MyNamePete said:

    @se05239 said:

    @MyNamePete said:
    There's not much of a point of getting rank 1 besides better competition. There should be some kind of reward.

    And that one achievement.

    Is there actually an achievement? I play on ps4 and there isn't one on there.

    It's not on ps4. I think it's just a pc thing

  • @PhantomMask20763 said:

    @MyNamePete said:

    @se05239 said:

    @MyNamePete said:
    There's not much of a point of getting rank 1 besides better competition. There should be some kind of reward.

    And that one achievement.

    Is there actually an achievement? I play on ps4 and there isn't one on there.

    It's not on ps4. I think it's just a pc thing

    Dam thas tuff

  • @MyNamePete said:

    @PhantomMask20763 said:

    @MyNamePete said:

    @se05239 said:

    @MyNamePete said:
    There's not much of a point of getting rank 1 besides better competition. There should be some kind of reward.

    And that one achievement.

    Is there actually an achievement? I play on ps4 and there isn't one on there.

    It's not on ps4. I think it's just a pc thing

    Dam thas tuff

    Wow, that's sad.

  • @Tsulan said:
    They need to introduce a casual mode, make it harder to rank up and give rewards at the end of the season. 

    I’d love a casual mode. Making harder to rank up would be a good change seeing how many boosted survivors/killer manage to get to red ranks. The only reason I don’t rank up quickly is because I’m not a very altruistic teammate, I either get no medal or a bronze in altruism.

    End of season rewards NEEDS to happen ASAP. It gives a purpose to rank up.

  • Tsulan said:
    They need to introduce a casual mode, make it harder to rank up and give rewards at the end of the season. 
    A casual mode would be amazing. The thing is tho, if swf is disabled in ranked then why would people want to play ranked mode. It would split the player base. A reward at the end is a good idea to get people to play but either way, lots of players wont even want to touch ranked mode. I'd love a casual mode but the playerbase would then split causing longer que times for both sides.
    They could give bonus points for playing against swf. Depending on the size of the team.