Power up weak obsession killer perks
Personally I like chasing, and bullying the obsession. As killer I often tunnel/camp them too. Don’t hate me haha. My mentality is if survivors can get 2-3 gens done in 2 minutes someone should be DEAD in 2 minutes. Simple.
Now, to the actual discussion. BUFF OBSESSION PERKS.
Furtive Chase: Each time you hook the obsession gain a token. While in a chase with a survivor your TR is reduced by 25% for all survivors not in a chase with you. (If you’re chasing someone with max tokens the players around can’t hear that you’re close).
Dead Man’s Switch: Whenever you hook the obsession DMS activates. For the next 45 seconds if any survivor were to stop working on a generator the entity will block that generator for the next 45 seconds. It’s aura will be highlighted in white.
Rancor: Stays the same. However, for each generator completed increases the speed of the killer by 1% while in a chase with the obsession. When all gens are completed Killer Instinct reveals the the location of the obsession.
Dark Devotion: Hitting the obsession causes them to hear your TR for the next 30 seconds. Remove the “Undetectable” effect! This is so that you basically have two TRs up for 30 seconds. You can combine DD with TR perks like Coulrophobia, Unnerving Presence, etc. That way if you leave the obsession alone they still suffer from various penalties even though you aren’t chasing them anymore (You’re devoted to tormenting them).
Comments
I dislike the DD idea. I like using The Obsession as a toy by either injuring them, or slugging them, while I go off and try and find someone to gen grab, and the Obsession disrupts the other survivors while they’re running around. This suggested change removes the clever stealth play aspect of DD.
I kind of think Furtive chase would need to become a hex perk for an effect like that, but it would be really cool to see.
also, I think rancor is fine as it is. It already does double duty as a tracking perk + endgame 5 stack devour against the obsession.
I really like Dark Devotion the way it is. If anything I'd increase its duration from 30 to 45 seconds.
30 seconds is just never enough time for me to get somewhere else and try evil shenanigans lol
I respectfully disagree. I’m always getting free hits, or sometimes grabs, within those 30 seconds.
DD works the very first time unless it’s used on killers with very high mobility like Nurse, or Blight. Killers that can break away from the obsession, reach another player relatively fast, and then come back. Players will realize you have it, and will act normally against non-mobile killers. As I’ve tried many many times before.
Now when it’s on a Nurse with distance blink add ons? I get grabs all the time when combined with Gear Head. Since the aura stays yellow for as long as the survivor sits on the gen they get regular skill checks on. If it’s yellow blink to the gen and grab. If it stops glowing yellow blink past the gen and hit them where you think they might be. It works really well at times.