Event info , basics and misconception ...
I figured I would make a thread to give out info that most people seem to be missing or have misconceptions about .
Harvesting a flower solo gets you more serum , this is incorrect you get the same amount if 2 of you are on it and thus waste less serum requiring less flower in total for all survivors to get a full vial . 2.5 flowers will get a full vial .
once yoy reach 30/30 you cant get bonus bp anymore -, incorrect again . I am at 30/30 survivor and I get 12-20k every match depending on how many offerings are used . this does require the killer to use hooks or survivors to use the flowers but I get the bp for each used . the only time this is correct is if you are running a 4 man swf and everyone is 30/30 or all survivors are , so make your choice 4 man swf 30/30 or bonus bp .
killer ques are bugged , this is situational . if you are a killer and you have a couple people in the lobby and someone drops out and then no one joins again , you most likely have a bugged que . often this is the result of a swf group and one person not connecting , this causes the lobby to read that person as still trying to connect and will not fill the empty slot .
the other side of this is the longer que times as killer . its a math thing simply put . if 50k players ore trying to play and they are split evenly between killer and survivor then all survivors get a game and only 6750 killers get to play while 18250 killers sit in que . now separate that by ranks and it can make things much worse or better . but then the event we have is compounding this issue . its easier for survivors to get to 30/30 , and once they are there if they want a second set for free they are joining killer ques to get 30/30 there . this is a double edged sword , the fact that they are adding to the number of killer but also reducing the number of survivors .
Peak times are best to play killers since there are more survivors , incorrect again . reason is as I said above , yes there are more survivors playing but also more killers . Try the off peak hours and you will find it much easier to get ques . I play killer in the early am hours est and get near insta ques , during peak est I can wait 30 mins or so most the time .
As a survivor ive seen more killers willing to work with us so we can all get vials then I have as a killer . this is a personal playstyle and preference , no rules either way on this . but if the killer is willing to let you finish a flower , be nice enough to let him get a hook , and the other way around . If a survivor is willing to let you hook them let them go farm their flowers . it takes a lot of the stress out of it if you are just trying to play the other side to get a new outfit . if the survivor is being a arse , play a regular match , same for the other side . if a killer is dragging you off the flower then juke the hell out of him and stay away from his event hooks .
Hooks I did notice seem to be mostly all in one area depending on the number of offerings . in a 7 hook match I have 1 in mid map , one on the far side and 5 close together . placement on these are about the biggest downside to the killer aspect , that and you need 6 hooks for one vial .
this is the math difference of killer/survivor offerings needed . a killer needs 4 offerings min per match for them to get 1 full vial , a survivor only need 1 math wise . you need 2.5 flowers per vial as a survivor , each map has 2 so one offering gets the last .5 you need . if there are 4 survivors and they work together you only need 5 flowers , 6 for a safety , thus making it 4 offerings for 4 full vials , one each .
I hope this helps clarify things for some that are under misconceptions or misinformation .
Comments