Is Matchmaking Off Or Am I the Only Killer Online

So I've been playing some more killer, and I noticed I was getting a LOT of Ranks 20s. Like baby baby players, not just renewed from the 13th. Which isn't surprising since I am a baby killer. After a few games though I noticed my survivors are all yellow rank. I'm like OK, bit of a challenge--but aight. Then the Survivors were all... green rank? And I'm still rank 18?

Just now got out of a match where I had 2 purple rank, and 2 green rank survivors, and I'm still rank 18 Legion. What is going on? I'm actually really surprised and confused, the last game I got the Rank 5 to DC once I got him on 2nd hook--or maybe he genuinely DC'd? I dunno.


Anyway Im still under 200 hours on this game, and I havent really hard focused killer until just recently. Whats going on? I know I'm not purple tier killer, or even green for that matter. Is it just from a killer shortage?

Comments

  • Killer is harder to learn. Baby killer is easy, then once you get to mid-tier it’s insanely hard.

    Finally once you master killer it goes back to being relatively easy (although usually pretty annoying).

    All the baby killers get gen rushed and quit before the huge learning curve is complete.

  • @SilentPill said:

    Killer is harder to learn. Baby killer is easy, then once you get to mid-tier it’s insanely hard.

    Finally once you master killer it goes back to being relatively easy (although usually pretty annoying).

    All the baby killers get gen rushed and quit before the huge learning curve is complete.

    I mean thats fine and all I deff dont mind the growing pains--but why am I, a Rank 18 killer, being paired up against Rank 5 Survivors? Like that seems a little... rough lol. It's like trying to beat your dad at basketball when youre 5.

  • @SilentPill said:

    Killer is harder to learn. Baby killer is easy, then once you get to mid-tier it’s insanely hard.

    Finally once you master killer it goes back to being relatively easy (although usually pretty annoying).

    All the baby killers get gen rushed and quit before the huge learning curve is complete.

    Smurfs are a real issue in this game. Many new players get scared away from killers by red ranks pretending to be rank 20s and giving them the most brutal defeat imaginable.

  • @konchok said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2404344#Comment_2404344

    Smurfs are a real issue in this game. Many new players get scared away from killers by red ranks pretending to be rank 20s and giving them the most brutal defeat imaginable.

    But IM the Rank 18... the survivors are Rank 5. They arent smurfs and neither am I.

  • The matchmaking is ######### and for a some good reason people hate playing killer because its too hard

  • @bibibib8 said:

    The matchmaking is ######### and for a some good reason people hate playing killer because its too hard

    Its hard and survivor is more easy to blame the team or call the killer of tunneler and camper (even if they are not)

  • literally on one is making any sense in these explanations :( like im legit wanting to know why ALL MY GAMES now are putting me against rank 5-9 survivors, when im literally still rank 18. and then they're literally talking smack to me in the post game like "LOL we so cracked were u LOST BRO lullllll"

  • @UnluckyDucky said:

    literally on one is making any sense in these explanations :( like im legit wanting to know why ALL MY GAMES now are putting me against rank 5-9 survivors, when im literally still rank 18. and then they're literally talking smack to me in the post game like "LOL we so cracked were u LOST BRO lullllll"

    That is one of the reason people who try to learn killer drop the role or drop the game. Honestly i saw more toxic survivor in this game compare to the other 9 player i got in my game of league of legend

  • @bibibib8 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2404384#Comment_2404384

    That is one of the reason people who try to learn killer drop the role or drop the game. Honestly i saw more toxic survivor in this game compare to the other 9 player i got in my game of league of legend

    i try not to let it get to me, and if it was a close match i can deff tolerate some smack and whatnot--but its not exactly a flex to absolutely crush someone whos literally 3 rank tiers below you. Like really? Just seems uncouth

  • @UnluckyDucky said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2404344#Comment_2404344

    I mean thats fine and all I deff dont mind the growing pains--but why am I, a Rank 18 killer, being paired up against Rank 5 Survivors? Like that seems a little... rough lol. It's like trying to beat your dad at basketball when youre 5.

    There is currently a lack of experienced killers for the higher rank, the excess of high rank Survivors get paired down to minimize wait times. There is also the fact swf let's you bypass rank pairing by having at least one low rank, this helps truly skilled Survivors bully new killers and boost/maintain their rank.

    Until we get mmr/sbmm, expect this to continue to be a common occuring thing.

  • @UnluckyDucky said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2404356#Comment_2404356

    But IM the Rank 18... the survivors are Rank 5. They arent smurfs and neither am I.

    Because you can be a rank 1 survivor and queue up survive with friends with your rank 20 buddy and ruin a match.

    Its BHVR's matchmaking. IMO if you're a rank 1 trying to get into your friends fresh made rank 20 or whatever matches it should automatically throw your premade up against a rank 1 killer.

  • Alright, I think I got a handle on things now. Thank you all for your answers, it definitely shed a little light on things. I'm normally a Legion main but I wanted to try executioner and it's been rough today with all the high ranks lol. I have yet to Mori anyone and I at least wanna see what it looks like