Broken Key Idea
I want desperately to utilize keys as an aura-reading item but without the headache to killers worrying about it being able to pop hatch open for multiple survivor escapes before end game.
My idea is simple, the green rarity "Broken Key", what if it had a different model from the other two keys. It's literally a key with the actual blade broken off. Why not give it its own unique model where it's just the bow of the key so killers in lobby would be able to tell that that survivor has a green, broken key incapable of interacting with hatch so that they wouldn't have to worry about bringing Franklin's Demise and going all out to kill them lol (I mean they still could). Because I really want to be able to use them for aura reading some day- and also as killer not sweat over them. I've had a few matches where I tunnel someone out only to find it was a green key with aura read add-ons and then felt bad lol
What do you all think? I'd like to hear thoughts from both sides. This kind of thing makes me all the more excited for a key rework because ultimately I just want keys in general to not be rage inducing and be usable for aura read without being a complete death sentence. Aura reading is so fun and underrated and I love keys aesthetically 😢
Comments
I think they should just get rid of it entirely. No sane person at red ranks would bring it for aura reading purposes. Well in my case, I've never seen anyone bring in a green key.
Keys should be reworked to serve more functions and move the aura reading functionality to maps because I think they're quite outclassed by all the other items.
Honestly, my fix:
Keys fixed, hatch fixed, and chests are now a secondary objective to help Survivors, if they take time to open them.