Does anyone else experience Framedrops when playing against Freddy?

I have been playing DBD for hours now, there were no problems with performance. But then when I face a Freddy, I get constant Framedrops and it's even worse in the Dream World.

Does anyone else experience this or is it just me?

Comments

  • I know for a fact that this is a thing on consoles, but as a PC player I've never seen it happen.

  • I'm a PC player with a pretty good PC and I've never noticed a difference. If my memory serves me correct however, I do recall playing with some other PC players and they said Dream World made their frames drop pretty badly. And they had trash PC's mind you.

    Also too could depend on the maps you get. I know one of those people I'm referencing could not really handle the newer realm reworks like Ormond and so on and his screen would pretty much freeze heavily because his PC could not handle it, but the other original maps like Coldwind at the time before its rework was fine. So it could just be a realm issue or a mixture of both the realm and dream world.

  • @kyogul said:

    I'm a PC player with a pretty good PC and I've never noticed a difference. If my memory serves me correct however, I do recall playing with some other PC players and they said Dream World made their frames drop pretty badly. And they had trash PC's mind you.

    Also too could depend on the maps you get. I know one of those people I'm referencing could not really handle the newer realm reworks like Ormond and so on and his screen would pretty much freeze heavily because his PC could not handle it, but the other original maps like Coldwind at the time before its rework was fine. So it could just be a realm issue or a mixture of both the realm and dream world.

    I was playing on Suffocation Pit, the MacMillan Estate realm. I have faced Freddys on it before, but I've never experienced extreme frame drops like that before. It was like you said, it randomly froze very often. And I do have a pretty good PC.

  • @Kira4Evr said:

    I have been playing DBD for hours now, there were no problems with performance. But then when I face a Freddy, I get constant Framedrops and it's even worse in the Dream World.

    Does anyone else experience this or is it just me?

    I have noticed this when i played on the xbox series x. It was very bad and on pc sometimes i have this too (ryzen 7 5800x, rtx 3070; 144 fps, anti aliasing off, wqhd). But on Pc its very rare, that it drops under 120.

    I have to say i didnt play it on console for like half a year so the drops might be fixed already, so i dont know if thats still a thing.

  • @Kira4Evr said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2403576#Comment_2403576

    I was playing on Suffocation Pit, the MacMillan Estate realm. I have faced Freddys on it before, but I've never experienced extreme frame drops like that before. It was like you said, it randomly froze very often. And I do have a pretty good PC.

    What are your specs? If you're on PC and have a good cpu and gpu, that shouldn't be happening. Could be some settings. I personally have a 2700x + 1080ti and I play at 1440p. I didn't uncap my FPS for DBD as that caused performance issues so it's at 60 fps.

    I don't pay the most attention to my FPS counter but I can attest that I almost never get stutters anymore and my game doesn't freeze when i play against Freddy (or any killer)

  • What are your graphic settings in game? Low, medium, high, ultra?

    I never had issues while playing medium, but I go high/ultra, I sometimes have small frame drops. I had small drops against Trickster but never Freddy...

  • @TheMadCat said:

    What are your graphic settings in game? Low, medium, high, ultra?

    I never had issues while playing medium, but I go high/ultra, I sometimes have small frame drops. I had small drops against Trickster but never Freddy...

    I use Ultra. I've never had any issues with it before

  • Freddy has been hurting frames on the proir gen consoles for years, since his power rework. It's most noticable on Lery's but also on any indoor map or older non-reworked ones, and in both roles.

  • @kyogul said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2403653#Comment_2403653

    What are your specs? If you're on PC and have a good cpu and gpu, that shouldn't be happening. Could be some settings. I personally have a 2700x + 1080ti and I play at 1440p. I didn't uncap my FPS for DBD as that caused performance issues so it's at 60 fps.

    I don't pay the most attention to my FPS counter but I can attest that I almost never get stutters anymore and my game doesn't freeze when i play against Freddy (or any killer)

    CPU: Ryzen 7 3700X

    RAM: 16,0 GB 3200MHz

    GPU: GTX 1060 6GB

    1080p

    And I uncaped my FPS to 120 FPS

  • @Kira4Evr said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2403917#Comment_2403917

    CPU: Ryzen 7 3700X

    RAM: 16,0 GB 3200MHz

    GPU: GTX 1060 6GB

    1080p

    And I uncaped my FPS to 120 FPS

    Your CPU is fine but your GPU is very middling to put it mildly. It's not bad but far from being great, so if you're going to play on Ultra I would not recommend playing at 120 FPS. You also have to remember this game's optimisation is poor as they upgrade the models, realms, etc.

    I would personally just recommend you play on Low with edited settings where you have some of your desired quirks from ultra (I personally like the sharpened texture from Ultra and I edited my settings to be like that but everything else is on low) and be capped at 60 FPS.