Why on earth would you set the fps cap to 120?

What is the actual point in setting a CAP on FPS??? I have a high end computer for a reason why am I going to be capped without my decision? Why do devs make all the decisions for us? Is this supposed to be a good change? This will make playing nurse (as I am a nurse main) really gross to play. 120fps isn't bad, but compared to my 165fps I usually get, this will be disgusting.

Comments

  • @Debridged said:

    What is the actual point in setting a CAP on FPS??? I have a high end computer for a reason why am I going to be capped without my decision? Why do devs make all the decisions for us? Is this supposed to be a good change? This will make playing nurse (as I am a nurse main) really gross to play. 120fps isn't bad, but compared to my 165fps I usually get, this will be disgusting.

    I guess they just wanted to make it fair for console... 120 is not that bad, if they tried it before on 60 fps, then it would be ######### storm.

  • @Dino7281 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/270312/why-on-earth-would-you-set-the-fps-cap-to-120

    I guess they just wanted to make it fair for console... 120 is not that bad, if they tried it before on 60 fps, then it would be ######### storm.

    idk doesn't really make sense to me, console can barely even get 60 on this game with the horrible optimization so why cap it at 120? Wasting my PC's potential