Trying to understand this logic.

So here I am, sitting here casually playing some late-night dbd. And because I have a ritual for him, I decide to play Doctor.

I load into the match and get Grim Pantry. Things are going normally, until I start chasing this Feng on the main building. She does a horrible job at looping, and goes down in like five seconds. The moment I down her, and when I start carrying her and realize she's not wiggling, I assume that's she's going to d/c or kill herself on hook. To no one's surprise, that's exactly what she does. However, this Bill manage to save her before she could actually kill herself.

Then, for the rest of the match, she repeatedly ran up to me and let me down her in hopes I'd hook her and finish the job. I was pretty pissed off at this, so I slugged her every time hoping she'd get the memo that I wasn't going to kill her and to actually play the game, but she didn't. The match ended with me killing everyone, because it was effectively a three-man match.

After the game, Feng messaged me with a sarcastic "gg 😊". I asked her why she threw the match, and she said it was because she didn't like Doctor. I then debated with her about how that's really ######### logic and that she ruined the match for four other players, but she kept responding with stuff like "That's not my problem." and "The other survivors should have just tried harder if they didn't want to depip." She then had the audacity to say I was annoying HER after SHE ruined MY match.

It's just a hunch, but I'm guessing that Feng had field day while the d/c penalty was off.

Also, I apologize for any spelling errors, as it's late at night for me and I had a long day.

T.L.D.R: I don't understand the logic behind people who d/c/kill themselves on hook/throw the match.

Comments

  • I had the same ######### occur every now and then when I used to main Bubba and Blight. People would just throw but not dc against them. In turn, I'd do the exact same as you, which is slug them an let them bleed out.

  • @NoOneKnowsNova said:

    I had the same ######### occur every now and then when I used to main Bubba and Blight. People would just throw but not dc against them. In turn, I'd do the exact same as you, which is slug them an let them bleed out.

    I wish I could have let her bleed out, but I didn't want to waste the other survivors time. I just tried to end the match as fast I could once I realized Feng wasn't going to play the game.

  • @ilovedbd123 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/270087/trying-to-understand-this-logic

    People who throw the game are people who only care about results, not having fun in the game.

    For example:

    Someone who DC's Vs spirit,nurse,deathslinger or hag would probably be seen as ok, because most people find a good killer using one of these unbearable. I usually play these games out, but no pressure to those who don't wish to as it can seem "unfun" at times (I use this word very lightly, I don't find any of these unfun by nature).

    However DC'ing against a doctor, is just giving up the game because you don't believe you can win against a mid tier killer who is easily countered. Your throwing a game because you believe you cannot win, and throwing the rest of your teammates under the bus. This is not about fun at this point (if it was, you just find dbd unfun and should uninstall it) but about your capability to win. And you chose to leave because you believe you can't win.

    Now if the DC penalty were abolished, these people would have a field day (I've never heard of any game that doesn't punish people for leaving early (that's multiplayer). Its universally seen as a dick move. Your throwing your teammates under the bus because you don't want to ride something out.

    Now should there be a surrender option? For the whole survivor team. Making the killer gain max on everything that was left (they would still lose pips where they should have lost them before they surrendered), or the survivors gaining max on everything except the pip progress they already lost. This would be fair from a game standpoint. But from a lore standpoint maybe not so much.

    I still stick the match out even if it's against a killer I dislike, as I see it as a dick move to leave your team out to dry. Although I disprove of it, I can at least kind of understand why someone would throw or d/c against like Hag or Spirit, but against Doctor? Yeah, that's just being lazy and not wanting to try.

  • I mean yeah it sucks that she made the game harder for 3 other survivors but you really can't stop it. If someone doesn't like Doctor and decides to forfeit the game then they have the right to do that. You will never be able to force somebody to keep playing or enjoying a game, they will quit no matter what.

  • Well, the doctor is the most annoying killer in the game, in my opinion. All of his mechanics are just obnoxious to deal with and he's about as scary as a kid that just picked his nose and wants to wipe it on you. Just to give you an idea of the 'logic' behind people that don't want to play against that.

  • Yeah it's ######### she threw but at the same time you are BMing by constantly slugging or just letting her bleed out. If she was giving up on hook it's on her teammate, not you, that she should have put her aggression into but by not killing her you said it yourself, you're playing against a 3 man anyway. Sacrifice her so she can move on and that whole post game exchange could have been avoided, and her teammates could have played the game normally instead of wasting a bunch of time picking her back up.

    To me it sounds like the only reason you held her in the match was to apply more pressure to the three survivors that kept picking her up. I've had plenty of games where a three man team won after someone DC'd, gave up, or was tunneled out immediately.

  • I've had that, usually I find the best bet is to slug them for the bleed out then throttle back a lil on the gameplay. You don't have to go easy but you don't really have to sweat it either.

    The other survivors can get BP's by healing them, you'll milk more BP's by downing them again.

  • The only time I will kill myself on hook, is if I have ran a killer for a while, only to go on hook and see every survivor aura not on a gen or just messing around and crouching.

    As for not liking a killer, I can’t blame people who don’t because I have my killers that I would Just give up given specific circumstances. I’d never just do it on first down tho.