Was Lisa Garland the original survivor planned for the Silent Hill chapter?

So I've had this thought ever since I saw Lisa. Was she the original survivor planned for the chapter? Anyone who's played the original games cant deny the voice of Cheryl fits Lisa WAY better, and I feel like legendary skins got implemented for several reasons one of which being Lisa was modeled probably before Cheryl. Also the fact Cheryl herself seems a tad bit...unfinished? Can anyone confirm or deconfirm this.

Comments

  • I don't think the dev's have ever said anything about that. But just because I love lisa so much I'm gonna go along with this :D

  • Im surprised it wasnt James due to PH being on the same game as him and the connection it has with him.

  • I don't think the devs would go so far to model and voice a character, without even thinking of 3 perks for them in advance just to have to change characters (none of Cheryl's perks fit Lisa from what I know). If I had to guess, they wanted you to pay $15 for Lisa because she was better modeled, and has a better fitting voice in hopes that people wouldn't complain about her not having a unique voice (didn't work, people including me were still mad, but they tried preventing it in advance).

  • The devs said they wanted to take things from each of the original games. Midwich is from SH1, PH from SH2 and Heather/Cheryl from SH3, so I doubt. Lisa is a side character anyway.

  • @CheeseAnton said:

    I don't think the devs would go so far to model and voice a character, without even thinking of 3 perks for them in advance just to have to change characters (none of Cheryl's perks fit Lisa from what I know). If I had to guess, they wanted you to pay $15 for Lisa because she was better modeled, and has a better fitting voice in hopes that people wouldn't complain about her not having a unique voice (didn't work, people including me were still mad, but they tried preventing it in advance).

    Actually the perks do have a good tie to Lisa (Especially Blood Pact which doesn't fit Cheryl but does fit Lisa)

    1. Repressed Alliance can refer to Lisa's repressed memories of being dead or Cheryl's repressed memories of Alessa
    2. Blood Pact fits Lisa's fear of being alone and always wanting Harry to take her places don't see how this ties with Heather.
    3. Soul Guard does apply more to Cheryl I will say though.
  • @GrimoireWeiss said:

    The devs said they wanted to take things from each of the original games. Midwich is from SH1, PH from SH2 and Heather/Cheryl from SH3, so I doubt. Lisa is a side character anyway.

    True but its possible that became an idea later on.

  • You also have to consider SH3 made way more success than 1, putting a side character from SH1 wouldn't be a smart commercial decision.

  • @GrimoireWeiss said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2397749#Comment_2397749

    You also have to consider SH3 made way more success than 1, putting a side character from SH1 wouldn't be a smart commercial decision.

    maybe thats why it was changed. You can't deny her voice fits Lisa way more.

  • Her voice is quite a lot closer to Cheryl's, whilst Lisa in the original game had a softer voice with an accent. Listening to her scream, it's definitely a Cheryl voice to my ears.

    Also, the first 3 games were considered the best, generally speaking, so mixing with an element from each of those games makes sense. Arguably, there would have been better contenders for the original survivor than Lisa: Harry Mason, James Sunderland, Mary/Maria, Cybil Bennett.

  • I wouldn’t mind if Lisa WAS the original survivor, since I wish she could have more cosmetics.