'Trail of Torment' and "Blast Mine' should use different gen colors

When a survivor plants a Blast Mine into a generator, the aura of that gen is revealed to all survivors in yellow.

When a killer with 'Trail of Torment' kicks a gen, he gains undetectable until that gen stops regressing or he damages a survivor. The gen that was kicked is revealed to all survivors in yellow.

You can see why this can be an issue. ToT like all perks is a teachable perks, so you can't assume you will only see it on Pyramid head.

A simple fix is either make Blast Mine or ToT gen red, and keep the other yellow or whichever color you fancy.

Comments

  • I like them both being yellow; if ToT was it's own color, then Surivvors would swarm the regressing gen & any Killer using it would barely see any use out of it.

    It would be: Kick, walk halfway across the map, Survivor gentaps regressing gen, Survivor runs away. Killer has now lost ToT and will not even have any scratch marks to follow by the time he gets back to the gen.

    So I think them being the same color was deliberate, so Survivors would not instantly know 'this gen needs to be tapped'.

  • I'm pretty sure the point of them sharing the same color is so that survivors don't immediately know the killer is using ToT based on color.

  • @Crowman said:

    I'm pretty sure the point of them sharing the same color is so that survivors don't immediately know the killer is using ToT based on color.

    Because there aren't already enough mechanics in the game that favor SWF over solos /s

    ToT was in the game for a long time before blast mine was a thing, it's fine as is.

  • Ok I could see how the dev's made it deliberate. Thanks for the explanation.