How would you fix RPD?

I see a lot of criticism on this map (and with good reason) because it's either too big, certain killers have a hard time traversing around the map or a lot of survivor issues.

If you were given the opportunity to change it, what would you change? (and don't just say delete the map).

Comments

  • Remove added doors

  • Add a lot more openings so it's not 200 hallways

  • More openings in some spaces. Widen some hallways. Add drop-offs rather than infinite windows in the couple of god infinite window spawns.

    The biggest change that would help would be to cut the map into either upper and lower sections or east and west sections. I would prefer east and west to keep it more on point with the RE2 game. After this was done you could also remove some of the clutter in more open spaces the actually give ranged killers a better chance on the map.

  • Make it divided.

    1st floor is separate from second.

  • @Yankus said:

    Add a lot more openings so it's not 200 hallways

    um I like the idea but they also added doors where there shouldn't this map is based of a remake of a game.

  • Break down as many walls as possible. Make it more open, remove whatever doors they added, etc.

  • Don't fix what ain't broke.

  • @CadenSeib said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2395694#Comment_2395694

    um I like the idea but they also added doors where there shouldn't this map is based of a remake of a game.

    Um he's asking how to make it better, I know it's a remake of the game but it doesn't work in dbd so it needs to be changed.

  • I love the map but I understand why people don’t like it. I would just make two variations of it cut in half. I think it would be more bearable and RE fans like me won’t mind too much.

  • Honestly the only thing I want fixed is the lighting in lower graphics settings. I run the game on medium and the RCPD is so dark it's almost unreal.

  • Besides splitting the map into two variants, I think the best thing that can be done is to add more vertical shortcuts (like in REverse) and to make more generators spawn closer to the middle. Right now, defending the gens on either wing of the RPD is a terrible idea, and I've taken to playing it like Azarov's or Suffocation Pit but defending around the main lobby.

    And oh, yeah, make the Library less of an infinite. Remove the closest window to the stairs or something.

  • I love and hate this map. I don’t really know what to do with it to improve it.

  • Map is good. People have to play more for get good at this map.


    Map does not need any change.

  • @Yankus said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2395713#Comment_2395713

    Um he's asking how to make it better, I know it's a remake of the game but it doesn't work in dbd so it needs to be changed.

    it does work you just haven't accepted that i have and i seem to do fine looking the killer and or playing them

  • @Elena said:

    I see a lot of criticism on this map (and with good reason) because it's either too big, certain killers have a hard time traversing around the map or a lot of survivor issues.

    If you were given the opportunity to change it, what would you change? (and don't just say delete the map).

    Make more Infinite loops😃

    • Office window nerfed
    • Holes broken through the walls like Mr. X does to Leon in the Press Room except more
    • Better indicators of where gens are
    • Split the map into 2 sections- RPD East and RPD West. Both maps feature the main hall, however RPD East features only the East Wing and RPD West features only the West Wing.
    • God pallets deleted
    • Very very unsafe pallets deleted
    • KEEP THE ZERO BREAKABLE WALLS