What are you thinking, BHVR?

Survivors do not get shared progress on their vials? They don’t have separate client specific cankers to harvest? Do you know what you’ve done? 

Survivors are DC’ing and pallet blocking eachother for those cankers. The killer barely has to do his job anymore.  

Literally one person can take all of the vials and ignore the objectives. 

If one survivor harvesting a canker shared progress for all survivors, this wouldn’t be a problem. But you’ve managed to turn survivor play into a 1v1v1v1. 

Its a free for fall. People aren’t hook saving until they get their harvests, some even rat out the other survivors for the killer in exchange for harvests. 


im not even sure it’s worth the grind anymore. This is the most unfun BS I have ever dealt with. I’d rather go back to being pallet looped.

I love you guys, but I fear this has gone terribly wrong. 

Comments

  • @DarkWo1f997 said:
    But you’ve managed to turn survivor play into a 1v1v1v1. 

    Isn't that what the game is supposed to be normally as well?
    Y'know, the concept of: "You're not a team, but teamwork will make it easier."

  • Pretty much. Last game I just played I burned an offering and while I saved 4 hooks someone took all 3 of the plants. At the very least the one you bring into game should be yours, but no.

  • This content has been removed.
  • @Boss said:

    @DarkWo1f997 said:
    But you’ve managed to turn survivor play into a 1v1v1v1. 

    Isn't that what the game is supposed to be normally as well?
    Y'know, the concept of: "You're not a team, but teamwork will make it easier."

    Yes, but then they introduced SWF

  • @Master said:

    @Boss said:

    @DarkWo1f997 said:
    But you’ve managed to turn survivor play into a 1v1v1v1. 

    Isn't that what the game is supposed to be normally as well?
    Y'know, the concept of: "You're not a team, but teamwork will make it easier."

    Yes, but then they introduced SWF

    Oh yeah, my archnemesis...

  • Boss said:

    @DarkWo1f997 said:
    But you’ve managed to turn survivor play into a 1v1v1v1. 

    Isn't that what the game is supposed to be normally as well?
    Y'know, the concept of: "You're not a team, but teamwork will make it easier."

    What the hell? Are you serious? Now I know you’re blindly defending this game. 

    Everyone with a brain brain knows that you are a team. You know, with perks for altruism, and a mandatory altruism emblem to fill up during a match? 

    I cant stand people that just come up with twisted logic to explain a problem in the game as “an intentional intelligent design decision”. I hate it so much. Can you let me give criticism and not be annoying like this? 

    It is a team game. You need eachother to survive. You can’t quick time event your way off the hook dude. 
  • @DarkWo1f997 said:
    Boss said:

    @DarkWo1f997 said:

    But you’ve managed to turn survivor play into a 1v1v1v1. 

    Isn't that what the game is supposed to be normally as well?

    Y'know, the concept of: "You're not a team, but teamwork will make it easier."

    What the hell? Are you serious? Now I know you’re blindly defending this game. 

    Everyone with a brain brain knows that you are a team. You know, with perks for altruism, and a mandatory altruism emblem to fill up during a match? 

    I cant stand people that just come up with twisted logic to explain a problem in the game as “an intentional intelligent design decision”. I hate it so much. Can you let me give criticism and not be annoying like this? 

    It is a team game. You need eachother to survive. You can’t quick time event your way off the hook dude. 

    First of all, calm down.
    Secondly, now I know you don't know what game you're playing.

    Teamwork is a CHOICE.

  • Boss said:

    @DarkWo1f997 said:
    But you’ve managed to turn survivor play into a 1v1v1v1. 

    Isn't that what the game is supposed to be normally as well?
    Y'know, the concept of: "You're not a team, but teamwork will make it easier."

    I’m having a rough day, apologies. But no, you are a team. Self care is slower than being healed by a teammate, no perks are required to heal teammates, coop actions speed up healing and generator speeds. 

    I dont see a feasible argument for it being a free for all. I just don’t. 

    There are way too many things in the game that incentivize helping eachother 
  • @DarkWo1f997 said:
    Boss said:

    @DarkWo1f997 said:

    But you’ve managed to turn survivor play into a 1v1v1v1. 

    Isn't that what the game is supposed to be normally as well?

    Y'know, the concept of: "You're not a team, but teamwork will make it easier."

    I’m having a rough day, apologies. But no, you are a team. Self care is slower than being healed by a teammate, no perks are required to heal teammates, coop actions speed up healing and generator speeds. 

    I dont see a feasible argument for it being a free for all. I just don’t. 

    There are way too many things in the game that incentivize helping eachother 

    It's fine if you don't see it, i'm not gonna force you to.
    But it CAN be a team game, it isn't JUST a team game.

  • This content has been removed.
  • I'm 30/30 Survivor and have been for a few hours, it sucks when other people have done the plants and I needed like a tap just to get a full vial but there's none left, but then again, I didn't get that tap, why should somebody else's work go towards my progress? You can work on plants together with people and it goes faster, so it's not as if it's only one person able to get a plant. Shared vials would be irritating imo, I don't want to pick plants for some guy sat afk in the corner to benefit from that. If you want a full vial just find the plants, it's not hard at all unless you're going against super tryhard killers. So, it's not really survivors vs each other at all, "blocking other survivors" is just stupid as it means you're going to be harvesting the plant slower. You did make some valid points though, the hook saves & ratting out is horrible but it's not the Dev's fault, that's the people playing survivor's fault. I've encountered both of those people, still 30/30, just put in the work and have some patience (not easy, I know) and it'll be easily done. - All that being said, and as poorly written as it is (my apologies, tired!) client specific cankers would have been a huge help, but that would negate teamwork as well unless it was made so that others could join in on harvesting.

  • Boss said:

    @DarkWo1f997 said:
    Boss said:

    @DarkWo1f997 said:

    But you’ve managed to turn survivor play into a 1v1v1v1. 

    Isn't that what the game is supposed to be normally as well?

    Y'know, the concept of: "You're not a team, but teamwork will make it easier."

    I’m having a rough day, apologies. But no, you are a team. Self care is slower than being healed by a teammate, no perks are required to heal teammates, coop actions speed up healing and generator speeds. 

    I dont see a feasible argument for it being a free for all. I just don’t. 

    There are way too many things in the game that incentivize helping eachother 

    It's fine if you don't see it, i'm not gonna force you to.
    But it CAN be a team game, it isn't JUST a team game.

    I did not.know this. I can’t believe it’s a choice. Yikes. 
  • Boss said:

    @DarkWo1f997 said:
    Boss said:

    @DarkWo1f997 said:

    But you’ve managed to turn survivor play into a 1v1v1v1. 

    Isn't that what the game is supposed to be normally as well?

    Y'know, the concept of: "You're not a team, but teamwork will make it easier."

    I’m having a rough day, apologies. But no, you are a team. Self care is slower than being healed by a teammate, no perks are required to heal teammates, coop actions speed up healing and generator speeds. 

    I dont see a feasible argument for it being a free for all. I just don’t. 

    There are way too many things in the game that incentivize helping eachother 

    It's fine if you don't see it, i'm not gonna force you to.
    But it CAN be a team game, it isn't JUST a team game.

    I did not.know this. I can’t believe it’s a choice. Yikes. 
  • @Boss said:

    @DarkWo1f997 said:
    But you’ve managed to turn survivor play into a 1v1v1v1. 

    Isn't that what the game is supposed to be normally as well?
    Y'know, the concept of: "You're not a team, but teamwork will make it easier."

    That's the original design idea. But right now with SWF in the game it's one of the reason the balance is broken. The game kinda needs to be designed more into "Teamwork is mandatory"-way to have a better ground for balancing.

  • Boss said:

    @DarkWo1f997 said:
    Boss said:

    @DarkWo1f997 said:

    But you’ve managed to turn survivor play into a 1v1v1v1. 

    Isn't that what the game is supposed to be normally as well?

    Y'know, the concept of: "You're not a team, but teamwork will make it easier."

    I’m having a rough day, apologies. But no, you are a team. Self care is slower than being healed by a teammate, no perks are required to heal teammates, coop actions speed up healing and generator speeds. 

    I dont see a feasible argument for it being a free for all. I just don’t. 

    There are way too many things in the game that incentivize helping eachother 

    It's fine if you don't see it, i'm not gonna force you to.
    But it CAN be a team game, it isn't JUST a team game.

    I’m sorry. I feel like such a jerk right now. Really should stay off the forums when I’m mad about something else. 
  • I tend to run into the opposite problem. I'll start a match at 2/3 of a vial and can't even complete one harvest. Then I'm trying to beg my team to harvest so I'll get the bonus bloodpoints.

  • @Boss I don’t think I know what game I’m playing either. To me it seems like you’ve been on the game since release, I’ve been here since mid August. I’m so used to SWF and it being a normal part of the game for me that altruism seems 100% mandatory. And in a way it is now. 
  • I tend to run into the opposite problem. I'll start a match at 2/3 of a vial and can't even complete one harvest. Then I'm trying to beg my team to harvest so I'll get the bonus bloodpoints.

    Yeah I don’t like the race for the pods. Hehe pod racing. Hehe. Stupid Star Wars episode 1 reference. I have no friends...



    I’ll leave. 

    But seriously, it’s really anxiety inducing to try and beat others to it. 
  • I am loving it.

    Turning the Survivors against themselves was the best Killer buff one could hope for.

  • @Freudentrauma said:

    @Boss said:

    @DarkWo1f997 said:
    But you’ve managed to turn survivor play into a 1v1v1v1. 

    Isn't that what the game is supposed to be normally as well?
    Y'know, the concept of: "You're not a team, but teamwork will make it easier."

    That's the original design idea. But right now with SWF in the game it's one of the reason the balance is broken. The game kinda needs to be designed more into "Teamwork is mandatory"-way to have a better ground for balancing.

    I get that.
    But then they would remove it from the Store, no? ;)