Killer idea: Annabelle

Hi. I was having a great idea as a killer last night when i was trying to sleep actually. I guess everybody is familiar with the Annabelle doll from Conjuring. Ofc it would be great if this doll Killer i got in my mind would be licensed but let's get to her ability. She cannot be looked at. If you are looking at her, you are going to lose a Health state after a certain amount of time. Not rlly sure how long it should be and if it should only be into the damaged status effect and not into the dying status. But if youre starring at her she isn't able to move anymore for the amount of time youre looking at her.( one survivor starring at her is enough) Question is if the "curse" should reset after not looking at her for a certain amount of time or it should stay until you look at her again or until you lose a health state. All balance questions i guess. One more balance idea is that you have bibles or crosses scattered all around the map to decurse you, so you could get a health state back after you would lose it from a curse. If shes not mobile enough for being a Killer id say there would be more dolls scattered around a map and she can just possess other dolls then and all not possessed dolls will stand still. You could look at the nonpossessed dolls tho cause they dont have any evil spirit in them at this time. What do you think?

Comments

  • As much as idea is cool and I find it creative I don't think this could work in any way if y can't look at doll u can't look where you're going basically also she's too small and she would need special hooking system and not looking would be deadly for gameplay I think I'm not sure tho just my opinion

  • Well Floating doll and the thing with the hooks is the tinyest problem i think. We have killers that you have to look at i guess. Or maybe she would have an ability so you can only not look at her for a certain amount of time is a possibility.

  • I'm not sure about Anabelle specifically, or a killer that you can't/have to look at (see also; Weeping Angels), Ghostface kinda works because it's just a part of his power that you can counter that way, but even that is a janky mechanic. Although I've really wanted a killer that can 'possess' various iterations of itself across a map. So the multiple dolls thing sounds pretty good.

    It's almost like using Freddy's teleporting ability, but you leave a portal wherever you leave that 'doll'.