I played Amnesia and I still don't know if the monster had some special hability. I guess the only thing was that if you looked at him your sanity decreased. It could have an effect that if you look at him you begin breathing heavily and making more noise but idk...
I played Amnesia and I still don't know if the monster had some special hability. I guess the only thing was that if you looked at him your sanity decreased. It could have an effect that if you look at him you begin breathing heavily and making more noise but idk...
Don't you mean this guy? There's no single "Monster" in any Amnesia game.
Some spoilers for the three Amnesia games (it won't let me hide them):
This is a Grunt, the enemy type you'll see the most. There's also the Brutes, or even the Suitors from the Justine add-on. None of them really possess any powers beyond their physical force.
There's also the man-pigs from the second game, and the ghouls and the wraiths from the third.
As for main antagonists, there's Alexander from the first game, the titular Machine from the second game (which gets way too much flak imo) and Empress Tihana from the third. The latter two... I really don't think they work that well considering their associated themes. Especially the Machine would be weird, for obvious reasons.
There's also "The Shadow" from the first and third, which is not unlike the Entity, though more protective. Since it lacks any real physical form, I also can't really see it as a killer.
Don't you mean this guy? There's no single "Monster" in any Amnesia game.
Some spoilers for the three Amnesia games (it won't let me hide them):
This is a Grunt, the enemy type you'll see the most. There's also the Brutes, or even the Suitors from the Justine add-on. None of them really possess any powers beyond their physical force.
There's also the man-pigs from the second game, and the ghouls and the harvesters from the third.
As for main antagonists, there's Alexander from the first game, the titular Machine from the second game (which gets way too much flak imo) and Empress Tihana from the third. The latter two... I really don't think they work that well considering their associated themes. Especially the Machine would be weird, for obvious reasons.
There's also "The Shadow" from the first and third, which is not unlike the Entity, though more protective. Since it lacks any real physical form, I also can't really see it as a killer.
Gameplay wise, A Machine for Pigs was by far the weakest from the three, yeah. It's story, premise, setting and music still make it one of my absolute favourite games, though.
Gameplay wise, A Machine for Pigs was by far the weakest from the three, yeah. It's story, premise, setting and music still make it one of my absolute favourite games, though.
Hym is a type of specter that appears in The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt. It's particularly formidable in that it doesn't outright attack its target but instead feeds on the target's guilt, tormenting them to the point the person goes completely mad or they commit suicide. According to scholars who wrote Behind the Great Veil, hyms are one of the most dangerous demons and cannot be exorcised traditionally. They inhabit several spheres, including the real world and Gaunter O'Dimm's dark plane. 1 Bestiar
Either way, I just wonder what they could do? I guess they could try that 'killer disguised as a survivor' some people have been wanting.
Tldr: This is an archived version of the DBD forum, it has all posts, comments and media. The archived data will be published at the end of October. This site is not in any way affiliated with or endorsed by Behaviour Interactive.
Comments
Never played it. Thought about getting it. Looks interesting.
I played Amnesia and I still don't know if the monster had some special hability. I guess the only thing was that if you looked at him your sanity decreased. It could have an effect that if you look at him you begin breathing heavily and making more noise but idk...
I like that idea a lot
Don't you mean this guy? There's no single "Monster" in any Amnesia game.
Some spoilers for the three Amnesia games (it won't let me hide them):
This is a Grunt, the enemy type you'll see the most. There's also the Brutes, or even the Suitors from the Justine add-on. None of them really possess any powers beyond their physical force.
There's also the man-pigs from the second game, and the ghouls and the wraiths from the third.
As for main antagonists, there's Alexander from the first game, the titular Machine from the second game (which gets way too much flak imo) and Empress Tihana from the third. The latter two... I really don't think they work that well considering their associated themes. Especially the Machine would be weird, for obvious reasons.
There's also "The Shadow" from the first and third, which is not unlike the Entity, though more protective. Since it lacks any real physical form, I also can't really see it as a killer.
Which Amnesia?
Don't say the Pig one.
Yeah the shadow was what I was talking about
Gameplay wise, A Machine for Pigs was by far the weakest from the three, yeah. It's story, premise, setting and music still make it one of my absolute favourite games, though.
Okay well, glad you enjoy it. 😊
I would be curious how they would do it mechanically, since you can’t look at them without going nuts.
Maybe if you looked at the killer you would start making more noise or might get slower
Or maybe a status effect (EG Blindness) if it could be done in a way that wouldn’t be super exploited.
Yeah that sounds cool
Isn't that the Hym from the Witcher?
Either way, I just wonder what they could do? I guess they could try that 'killer disguised as a survivor' some people have been wanting.