Wraith - My thoughts as a NEW Player
Now, feel free to tell me why these would be an issue (Since I'm fairly new to the new game, I'm only pointing out the issues I see from that perspective)
Firstly, when Wraith goes invisible, a bell rings, once Wraith comes out of it, the bell rings again, this would be good if Wraith WASN'T given a speed boost that makes the bell useless, the bell slows Wraith down for 2 seconds, not enough time to react, get enough of a distance on most maps for that bell to be useful, it just slows the time for Wraith hitting you, and or killing you entirely.
Secondly, I'd like to point out HOW you see Wraith, when invisible it's fine to not see Wraith, as it'd make sense, but like Spirit we hear some sort of Eerie (voice, music?) that helps you understand if she's coming towards you, or passing you.
Thirdly, I've seen people already say this a lot about Wraith but, why does Wraith get perks to make the bell completely silent, I initially thought my game was a little glitchy, but it turns out that's an actual perk, which does NOT make sense, especially since that's your MAIN chance to stay away from Wraith generally speaking.
Side Note: I don't understand Killers being faster, and if they're faster, not like Legion who you can run away from for 2 seconds before getting hitting twice (Exaggeration, but it's unfun to go against Legion, he wastes so much time, games last too long, gens don't get done, Legion doesn't do specifically well, it's just annoying, no idea why it's a character, just my opinion on Legion lol), specifically faster only when not injured, that'd make more sense since some of these killers are just human and it makes no sense for them to be WALKING faster than the Survivors running. (Okey, rant over, if I keep going I'll end up talking about One Piece.)
I'm all ears for reasons my opinion on the character(s) is invalid, or those aren't the real issues, etc.. Just be calm about it, I'm new to the game, don't know as much as some people do, just pointing out the issues I see as a player who just started playing.
Comments
Wraith gets a speed boost coming out of invisibility because he would be useless otherwise. A long time ago the speed boost coming out of cloak was an addon and not a base kit thing and wraith was a garbage killer without it. Killers with a power that don't directly help them in chase are almost always total garbage because of how easy it is to avoid getting hit indefinitely. Of the killers with stealth powers, wraith is probably the strongest due to increased movement speed while cloaked giving good map pressure and a strong set of addons. Like any stealth killer, the counter to wraith is to be aware of your surroundings and to stay healed so that he cannot get an easy hook out of a surprise hit.
Edit: There are also a couple perks that can help you with this, spine chill being one so you know he's coming and sprint burst being the other so you can get away from him after he surprises you despite the disadvantage.
Also; you can hear Wraith stomp around like a toddler told 'No cookies before dinner' and snarling like a demon told 'No souls before dinner'.
Speed boost
Invisibility
Addon's