Incapacitated Plague

So what if instead of the Broken status effect survivors on max infection suffered from Incapacitated status effect?

for me the Broken Status effect always felt like it wouldn’t really fit and the fact survivors have the opportunity to completely prevent part of Plagues power by just not cleansing also is questionable IMO.

so with incapacitated infecting people would not remove a health state anymore but it would kinda force people to cleanse. Maybe I don’t see problems this change would bring with it though. For example not being able to save a booked survivor could be a big balance change, but then again there is always the possibility to cleanse at a fountain..


Incapacitated could also work for survivors with an RBT from Pig?

Comments

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    A Pig Addon or Plague Addon that Incapacitated Survivors for a Duration after Searching a Jigsaw Box or Cleansing could be interesting, but not as core parts of their Powers.

    I'm personally not really a fan of this status, especially when used to rob Players of agency from afar, with no clear connection to the Killer. It just doesn't make all that much sense:

    The Gen blew up, but I can't repair it for some reason? (Eruption should block the Generator for a duration, and when the block ends cause it to erupt, like a virus growing, Survivors still scream when the Entity blocks it)

    I got hit with a Hatchet, but now for some reason I can't get into a Locker or try to Unhook this Survivor?

    You can still enter lockers.

    For me the incapacitated status would make sense for max infection and RBT traps. For max infection you are sick, vomit and cough all the time, why would you be able to casually repair a generator in that condition when you should be out and trying to heal yourself, also for RBT, you have a device in your Head that can tear apart your skull but you are working on something that actually activated this device instead of trying to remove it ASAP?

    maybe for the RBT the status effect could only be there when the trap actually got activated though.


    i do agree that it doesn’t make much sense on hatchets. Actually I already forgot that Addon existed.