Event cosmetics (Summer+Lunar)

So I recently switched to pc a couple months ago around October 2020 and noticed that I did not have the Kate summer shirt, Hillbilly hammer, Huntress mask, or the David jacket. At the time of me switching the cosmetics had been given out for free already but I noticed that I did not have them on my pc account but I did have them on my console account. Does anybody know why because the news post when they did this does not say they would be locked for new players after.

image.png


Comments

  • Its BHVR, that explains everything.

    You just got BHVR'ed.

  • So I recently switched to pc a couple months ago around October 2020

    The fact that I read this and didn't question how long ago October 2020 really was is telling on how hard quarantine hit


    Having said that

    I think the cosmetics were unlocked for players that were playing when those cosmetics were unlocked

    Reason being that since they weren't able to tell who unlocked the cosmetic during the event and who didn't, they decided to give them to everyone who might have played during that period

    Players who installed the game AFTER that decision surely didn't took part in the event, so they didn't unlock those cosmetics for them


    Wait for cross-progression to come (yeah, it sounds easy, I know) and you'll get your cosmetics on PC too

  • But they also unlocked the special ultra rare cosmetics, like the Dwight head and Meg skin for everyone. So it's weird that, when they claim they unlocked them for everyone, those are not included.

  • @Zuemu said:

    So I recently switched to pc a couple months ago around October 2020 and noticed that I did not have the Kate summer shirt, Hillbilly hammer, Huntress mask, or the David jacket. At the time of me switching the cosmetics had been given out for free already but I noticed that I did not have them on my pc account but I did have them on my console account. Does anybody know why because the news post when they did this does not say they would be locked for new players after.

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/SNASEJD8D94T/image.png

    When was that post you are referencing made? Like when did they give out all of those cosmetics to everybody?

  • @SloppyVoldemort said:

    But they also unlocked the special ultra rare cosmetics, like the Dwight head and Meg skin for everyone. So it's weird that, when they claim they unlocked them for everyone, those are not included.

    Dwight's head and meg's shirt were given to everyone for a very different reason:

    Those cosmetics were unlocked with codes that were given out during specific IRL events or something like that, and those codes (or accounts with those cosmetics unlocked) were sold on the internet for astronomic prices.. BHVR didn't like that and they decided to unlock those cosmetics for everyone, so noone had a reason to spend 300$ for a green shirt in DbD

  • @gendoss said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/267505/event-cosmetics-summer-lunar

    When was that post you are referencing made? Like when did they give out all of those cosmetics to everybody?

    I'm not sure tbh but I found another picture that has the Lisa skin in the news so probably around whenever that came out (I would assume around 4th year anniversary)

    image.png


  • Yeah, my friend recently got the game on Switch and didn't have those cosmetics unlocked, either. He's going to submit a support ticket about it at some point. So many other problems with console right now it hasn't been a priority.

  • You basically got BVHR'ed.