More optimization issues

Hello devs and community,

I have found that twice in the last 48 hours, there has been a serious issue with Ormond and the amount of frame drops/lag that occurs on it on the older gen consoles (in my case, it's Xbox One). Yes, before I get the sarcastic responses - no, I can't "just" buy a PS5 or an Xbox series X, and no, I can't "just" buy a brand new PC - not everyone magically has $500-1500 to just drop on a dime as some do live pay cheque to pay cheque. Hard to believe, I know, but it actually happens out there.

Now, more seriously, below are two clips from my stream where it shows just how bad the frame rates are given the circumstances. I have obviously had a lot of frame rate drops since the Resident Evil chapter, but this takes it to a whole new level. I actually lag so bad that I couldn't vault pallets, I was hit a solid 5 feet away. I couldn't unhook people for the most part. I actually just had to straight up DC because the killer was slugging for the 4k and I couldn't do a darn thing in about 90% of that game. Below are the two clips of me getting hit, etc.:

https://clips.twitch.tv/SquareDiligentChimpanzeeOSkomodo-Jq8gxSw13Lna8PHj

https://clips.twitch.tv/DistinctGlutenFreeRadicchioNononoCat-A4q-97hiXETnotjz

So to reiterate:

Map: Ormond

Killer: Oni (but the previous time, which I don't have a clip of, was Bubba)

Problem: Insane frame drops to the point that the game is literally unplayable.

Solution: Well, you've been working on it since the release of Resident Evil...and it's still not fixed, so I have no idea what to do other than DC on Ormond now because it's a recurring issue.

Comments