A feature idea similar to the plants when the event is over

So I had a idea, what if you had to interact with a box to get a part to start repairing a gen. Lets call it them entity boxes. These boxes would spawn around the level with about 7 to 9 of them a match. Once you finish the interaction with the box you get a part (it does not replace your item) this part is used to start a gen repair, once you interact with a gen and you have this part, the part is consumed and all survivors can now repair that gen. All gens need a part to be repaired. Also since it uses parts the brand new part add-on can be used instead of a regular part to start a gen repair. As a final note, boxes would take about 20 or more seconds to get the part and once all gens have a part the entity prevents survivors from interacting with entity boxes. Killers cannot see the entity boxes arua.

What do you guys think about this idea. I think if done properly it could increase match time without being to time consuming. This is just a idea so no need to get heated in this post.
Tagged: ACMMod

Comments

  • I've seen this idea a couple times before, sometimes tools instead of parts, or gas. I do like the idea, though this event has shed some light onto what kind of effect that could have on gameplay. I've noticed (as killer) that a good team is able to overcome the additional objective fairly easily, while an average team struggles with that extra match length. It would be a tricky thing to balance well to where it's still a challenge for experienced players while not being brutally unfair and frustrating to newer players.

    I'm still down to see how that would play out, but it would need to be done very carefully.

  • Peanits said:

    I've seen this idea a couple times before, sometimes tools instead of parts, or gas. I do like the idea, though this event has shed some light onto what kind of effect that could have on gameplay. I've noticed (as killer) that a good team is able to overcome the additional objective fairly easily, while an average team struggles with that extra match length. It would be a tricky thing to balance well to where it's still a challenge for experienced players while not being brutally unfair and frustrating to newer players.

    I'm still down to see how that would play out, but it would need to be done very carefully.

    I can see this being the case that's why I think 20 seconds is not alot. One thing you have to know about this event is that it would not be a good reference for this idea in terms of what survivors focus on. Right now with this event survivors spend the first 2m of the match competing for serum instead of doing some gens and Then mid to late game getting the serum. The way I think my idea would go is they search for the boxes which won't take long because of how many there are, Then once they get a part go to the nearest gen to repair. It would take some extra time but right now that's what the game needs since matches end too fast.

  • @AChaoticKiller said:
    Peanits said:

    I've seen this idea a couple times before, sometimes tools instead of parts, or gas. I do like the idea, though this event has shed some light onto what kind of effect that could have on gameplay. I've noticed (as killer) that a good team is able to overcome the additional objective fairly easily, while an average team struggles with that extra match length. It would be a tricky thing to balance well to where it's still a challenge for experienced players while not being brutally unfair and frustrating to newer players.

    I'm still down to see how that would play out, but it would need to be done very carefully.

    I can see this being the case that's why I think 20 seconds is not alot. One thing you have to know about this event is that it would not be a good reference for this idea in terms of what survivors focus on. Right now with this event survivors spend the first 2m of the match competing for serum instead of doing some gens and Then mid to late game getting the serum. The way I think my idea would go is they search for the boxes which won't take long because of how many there are, Then once they get a part go to the nearest gen to repair. It would take some extra time but right now that's what the game needs since matches end too fast.

    I get what you mean, but it would take a bit more than 20 seconds. There's 7 generators on the map. Even assuming the survivors are playing optimally, it would take at least 40 seconds (of interacting alone, not considering the time to search for and take them back to a generator) to put parts into all the generators. In a random group, this would likely take longer as a pre-made ground could split up and search different areas and also discuss which generators already have a part in them.

    While you could forgo getting parts for all the generators, this could cause problems if the killer catches on and starts to guard the few generators that you have parts for.

    Still, my only concern is that it would be more punishing towards newer and solo players, while pre-made groups would be able to breeze through it at maximum efficiency. The experienced players are the ones that need to be slowed down, not so much the new players.