I hate playing against Nemesis

He's not OP by any means, but his tentacle just feels so oppressive in chase. Either you drop the pallet and he hits you with his tentacle, or you don't and he just punches you. Even when I pre drop the pallet he'll hit me a lot of the time because of the range on his tentacle. And windows are just as bad if not worse. Don't even bother going for one unless you have a fair amount of distance on him, otherwise he'll just hit you through it with his tentacle. And his zombies give him free pressure/downs. I can't tell you how many times I've gone down because a zombie body blocked a tight corridor/pallet loop. It feels so cheap because there was no skill involved in the down. He seems like yet another killer that has little to no counter play in chase other than pre dropping every pallet and holding W. It's quite boring and frustrating gameplay.

Another thing I've noticed is that most of the Nemesis players I go against are either toxic or play like sweatlords for no reason. A lot of them will hard tunnel or proxy camp. If it's not me, they'll do it to one of my teammates. Earlier today I even got hard tunneled out of the game and facecamped by a Nemesis for no reason. I didn't BM or anything. And he kept nodding at me on hook and hitting me as I was dying. He was rank 1 too. I notice it more in Nemesis players than any other killer.

Comments

  • I kind of enjoy it because I have a scavenger playstyle, so the briefcases are fun to open and use a vaccine. I love getting a free speed boost for first hit. Zombies have only bodyblocked a door way once for me, so I am not too salty about that. I keep getting pallet priority that allows me to avoid damage too. So it might be luck, but so far, so good. His chase music is also lit, so I am always jamming, big drip.


    As for Nemesis tunnelers... Yeah, seriously, what is with that? It weirds me out how many of them play like that, especially on a character that needs 3 hits to down. They wasted 5 dollars, should have just bought Leatherface.

  • He's got some pretty simple counter measures you can take against him. Getting infected by his tentacle is a free sprint burst and as long as you know where you're going you can gain considerable distance and time against him. When dealing with the tentacle attack itself you wanna try and use some of PH's stategies too, stuff like double backing pallets after going past them to stun him works pretty well, obscuring line of sight to make it harder to land shots and bluffing at windows to bait out the attack or force him to put it away which takes a while, even things like tightly hugging walls can make whips a bit trickier thanks to its wonky hitbox works too.

    Although the best counter I find is you can find a zombie at the start of the match and purposely infect yourself and hold back on the vaccines until your death hook or all the gens are done. Zombies grant NO infection points to Nemesis and unless he's using infection rate addons you're going to cripple Nemesis for a VERY large part of the trial. He either whips infected people and gains a fraction of the infection that he normally gets or he's forced to eat zombies to get it which again, without the addons is a very, very slow process. The longer he goes without tier 2 the more crippling it is for Nemesis. Hell I've even seen clever people get smacked by zombies in a chase when they're injured because they're not infected and get a free speed boost away from you.

    Take it all from a dude who plays a lot of Nemesis. Denying infection is probably the most infuriating thing you can do to me because it slows down your power like crazy and have to waste time to hunt down zombies for infection.

  • Keep your distance and use short loops, fake windows and pallets, remember that Nemesis can't actually zone you for free, and make sure you take fast vaults if you and the killer are coming to a window at an angle.

  • Nemesis doesn't really have good counterplay similar to pyramid head so most people just hold w.

    As for the tunneling, camping, and toxic nemesis's, you should probably realize that there not exactly having fun when people just hold w and it's not exactly a good feeling that they didn't get outplayed, they just went against survivors that held a button. For tunneling they can get one kill at least and for proxy camping they can get another survivor cause they get hit when going for the save. The reason the guy BM'd you was probably cause you held w. I don't think BM'ing should be justified on either side but I can understand the frustration both on survivor and killer when the killer is Nemesis.

  • You're not the only one.

  • Crouching behind an object, no matter how tall the object is, makes it impossible for you to be hit by the tentacle. This means he can only use his tentacle at animation locks or in deadzones, provided the survivor has a brain. Use this to your advantage.

  • Nemesis is pretty much a shorter range PH in a chase so all the same counters apply.