Do Killers Mind A Free Kill?

So since the anniversary started and there's been a slight BP boost, I've started allowing the killer to kill me once I know for sure I've pipped. However some times the killer gets annoyed at me trying to let them kill me, it's not my intention but is this considered toxic?

Comments

  • It’s weird. I’ve given the killers a kill sometimes but some consider it pity move and don’t like it

  • If I’m against a killer who hasn’t even had a hook all match by the time the gates are open, I’ll sometimes run over to a hook and point at it until they kill me. I don’t know if they mind, but they usually take it. It’s better than having zero kills.

  • It's not toxic, but personally I dont like it. If I didnt play well enough to get a kill then I dont like getting one for free, and I'll almost always down them and drop them at the gate.

  • If I get a free kill, hell yeah! More Bloodpoints!

    Though the only time I ever give the Killer a free kill as survivor is if they legitimately should not have played against someone like me, and they did not have a fun time playing.

  • No thanks, I am entitled to my disgraceful defeat so you can keep your pity kill and gtfo

  • I am not going to say no to a free kill. I hardly expect it, though. I don't even expect free hits at exit gate even though they waited like a minute and a half for me to get there after I finished escorting the other ones out. Lol.

  • Its not toxic but as a killer i want to earn my killers.


    Funny enough, as a survivor i almost always let the killer kill me if he played well and fair and i dont need to escape for quests.

  • Most won't mind altho you might get killers like me that let you escape and do gens if you decide to be friendly lol.

  • I'm often a friendly killer and don't play to kill, I play for BP. For a single kill, I get a small amount of BP, meanwhile the survivor gives up 5k BP. That's ridiculous. With just two cakes, that's 15k BP total for escaping alone.

    For a new killer who gets demolished, or for someone who's having a bad day, a survivor showing they understand there's another person (rather than a bot) playing this game can feel nice. But if someone wants to earn their kills and not feel like the object of pity, then an offer of a free kill may feel like an insult.

    I don't think the offer is ever toxic, though.