Did nemesis end up faithfully underwhelming?
To preface: I Absolutely adore nemesis as he is in this game, his audio design, his amazing chase/menu theme, his imposing model and amazingly fun power (when it works.) He has a lot going for him both gameplay wise and thematically, but i cannot help but often feel like a large amount of his character identity was robbed by the limitations of DBD, leaving him sorely underwhelming in the shadow of the dream that is taking on the role of being NEMESIS. A Large part of nemesis' identity was his intelligent use of tools, a unique aspect of the tyrants at the time and is still incredibly interesting. In DBD, this is sorely lacking, and while this is done for obvious reasons, i get the feeling im not the only fan that just feels a bit sad for what he could've been with a power related to his weapon use. Even more so, nemesis is equally known for his terrifying ability to burst into full sprint and debilitating roars, both of which are also missing (besides his minor roars during weapon cooldown.) A character so well known for those integral parts having no movement ability is equally a very sad aspect of his character that just leaves him feeling like hes missing something.
Fellow RE fans, what are your thoughts? I Feel as though im not the only one missng what his character could have been.

Comments
I love nemesis. He's my main now, I barely play any other Killer and i win with him extremely easily. I dunno what else there is to ask for.
I don't like Resident Evil, the games or movies; and was very against this DLC as I felt it was a wasted license. However everything about Nemesis won me over and changed my mind. Good perks, satisfying power (even though direct tentacle hits don't register 40% of the time), great character design (though at first was too close to Raam from Gears imo) and rad chase music. I did read up on him and even want to give the franchise another chance too. Yeah he did have to be watered down in power level from his lore but so did Freddy and as long as they're a reliably strong killer I'm happy and think he makes a great gateway into RE even if he doesn't have the rocket launcher and stuff. Again this is from someone who was as against his inclusion as possible in the beginning and I'm happy that I couldn't have been more wrong about him.
I do agree the zombies are mostly unhelpful, though they got several downs for me yesterday. Maybe if there were 4-6 of them instead it'd be more authentic to RE?