Whats your take on the new modding craze?(model replacement mods)
I saw many streamer and player doing it, they replacing the base skins with whatever they wish.
Yes they can only the one who can see it. Saying its not giving ingame advantage.
But what happens if they replace the model of a stealth killer/etc with something super bright, so you will always know where the killer is on a forest map/etc; even if only you see it, replacing ghostface with a neon or super bright skin will kinda give you a big advantage against him.
I am worried that anyone can basically replace survivor/killer textures with bright ones countering stealth killers/survivors, and honestly there is nothing that can be done against this.
I am hoping that BHVR doing something against this kind of modding.
Because people will abuse soon enough, if not already
Comments
Its done in a private build not in public games.
False I seen videos doing in public games in solo
I don't even think thats possible as ELC would detect it instantly
I'm not a massive fan of it purely because it can be made to give off a massive advantage.
Like imagine a Survivor model that is stretched so they can't hide and the Killer knows where they are.
I do hope BHVR cracks down on it soon, since there is a lot of potential it can be misused. DBD is not the kind of game that should be modded extensively. It should have customizations like with Perk Icons or character portraits since only you can see them, but anything that effects the actual game should stay banned.
I watched a streamer called Kittychipz that used a recolored version of Nancys newest hair on Yui. She was playing in public games.
Also I feel like this modding craze came out of nowhere. Been playing since early 2017 and I've never heard of anyone modding the game (except survivor/killer photos) until like 2 weeks ago and now I see new cosmetic mods every day.
Anything that can give an advantage is not permitted and breaks the games TOS; in general, we do not permit the altering of game files.