I have been getting the most horrible string of teammates today.

Just wanted to vent about solo queue things...


First game of the day. Four rank 8s (killer included) and a random rank 20. The killer managed to down all of the rank 8s via a Haunted Grounds pop (mine, oops... it's Wraith, I expect Devour Hope on them) and some smart slugging. These hooks and one slug are very spread out, meaning the killer can't effectively defend them and has to patrol, so it'd be easy to slip in and free someone. The rank 20, being a rank 20, at no point makes any attempt to help any of the other players and just keeps working on her gen until everyone else dies or suicides on hook and the killer finally plucks her off of her prize. Watched all of this from the ground.

Second game was fine. I don't remember anything about it, and that's generally a good thing.

Third game: Solos, tunneled out by a Clown. Fairly deliberate on the Clown's part because he would not bite the bait despite me leading him on a merry chase + him getting several hits on other players and leaving them downed to pursue me. But it's understandable, especially because the player that unhooked me gave the Clown like 10 seconds to leave the area each time, so of course he was going to come right back. No, this game was notable because two of the players were idling for nearly all of the match. David was hatch camping and standing in corners, and the Feng was the type of croucher that slinks off and hides in the bushes when they hear the killer's TR and don't come out until 30 seconds after it goes away. It was horrible to spectate because Zarina looped the killer for several minutes - which is damn impressive considering it was a Clown - and like 20% of a gen got done because David was only moving or briefly touching gens to shake his crows and Feng was too scared to do anything. At one gen remaining, on Azarov's, with no 3-gen. My heart bled for that Zarina.

Fourth game actually had great teammates, especially an MVP Borrowed Time Bill, but a character of a killer; camping NOED Huntress that ragequit right as everyone was about to go out the gates after foiling her 3rd mass camping situation of the match and extracting everyone safely.

Fifth game. 2-man SWF on Lery's. Killer is a new Nurse and the SWF bullies, flashes, and baits the ######### out of her all game, then harasses her (and then me when I told them to knock it off) in postgame chat, laughing about how she's that bad at her rank, how nobody cares about her feelings because she's just a Nurse, giving her 'advice' for Nurse consisting mainly of 'just give up now' and 'uninstall', the works. Honestly pretty sickening to watch. The killer seemed really nice, too; they just kept asking why they were being so mean about it. Had to close the chat and leave because it wasn't going anywhere good.

Sixth game. 3-man SWF who all DCed on their first down because the killer was Wraith running Ruin/Undying and that's not allowed. Lambasted the killer for their build, then lectured me about how DCing is a permanent feature that's boosting playrates, confirmed by the devs as here to stay, and it's actually breaking the rules to camp/tunnel/slug. They also immediately accused me of being a killer main when I told them there's nothing wrong with playing Wraith or meta perks.


None of this is really making me want to start up the seventh. Urgh. I just want to use up some cakes so I can P3 Zarina, but at this point I'm starting to resent giving my teammates the bloodpoints.


I guess this is a thread now, so tell me about your recent obnoxious experiences?

Comments

  • Sounds like a pretty typical day in the solo queue.

    I haven't had one game today where my teammates seem to realize they should do gens. I just had a Ghostface on me for literally four minutes, while I was injured, and my three fully healed teammates didn't pop a single gen. It's honestly shocking to me how many people just do not do gens and assume the other three people will win the game for them. I am so god damn tired of 1v1ing the killer and then being left to die on my first hook.

  • I love when I'm using kindred and being camped and the survivors all just sit around doing nothing for the entire hook...

  • @Yankus said:

    I love when I'm using kindred and being camped and the survivors all just sit around doing nothing for the entire hook...

    Ah, that's a familiar pain.

    Or the flipside, when you're running Kindred and very obviously being camped, but all three players leave their gens to hover awkwardly around the hook and get into a stare-off with the killer for the next two minutes, not actually managing to save you but getting even more players downed when they do make a move at 5 seconds remaining.

  • This is why I can't wait for sbmm

  • Oni who refused to hit anyone or check gens with 3 event cakes

    5 gen left camping nurse and face unhooking console players who didn't try to prolong second phase

    an okay but new dorito face out of his depth from a rankings perspective. A Jill took a hit and dropped a pallet pushing him to the same side right by the hook and then unhooked in his face. She hit the ground before I did. She wasn't saving herself or helping the team she only gave the killer more points. I guess that's what I get for offering my 1st hook to save one of the two others from their 3rd. At least he had to work for it and I got to blind him twice before it was over.

    trickster in Lery's. That poor guy didn't seem to understand his power yet

    I used to be ranked higher when I cared to play solo but the person that tends to drag me back in is also the hide until the killer has checked everything else and comes to check the hook again. I'm talking a few hundred hours in the game and I hear a "you know you can heal yourself with a medkit?" I said "huh?" and got a response of "You can heal yourself with an anniv. medkit." They generally refuse to mend vs legion and heal others first. So bad it makes me want to use comms and I hate the idea of it.

    Then I said to myself 4/4 crap games that's all for me today.

    Usually it's a teammate being hasty or stupid that gets me killed.