Nemesis' Add-Ons, Reworked
I'm currently foregoing my 100th post being my own custom licensed chapter to really just bring emphasis on the single biggest problem for The Nemesis right now that isn't a zombie bug: his add-ons.
The add-ons that The Nemesis has are both bad and don't really diversify themselves. This is why I'm making the thread now, in case the developers see this and check up on Nemesis in the next mid-chapter after the next chapter releases. The Nemesis may need these add-on changes in the future.
So if any of the developers are actually seeing this, for once, please actually heed these changes and consider them.
Add-Ons for T-Virus
Note that the prior effects of these add-ons are removed unless listed with the changes to the add-ons.
Visitor Wristband
- Slightly increases Tentacle Strike's range.
Damaged Syringe
- Moderately increases Vaccine injection time for Survivors.
- Slightly increases Killer Instinct duration after a Survivor uses a Vaccine.
- Survivors now suffer from the Mangled status effect after using the Vaccine.
S.T.A.R.S Field Combat Manual
- Whenever a Survivor is within a zombie's detection range, the Survivor's aura is revealed for 4 seconds.
Adrenaline Injector
- Moderately increases Killer Instinct duration after a Survivor uses a Vaccine.
- Survivors now suffer from the Exhausted status effect for 20 seconds after using a Vaccine.
Admin Wristband
- Slightly reduces Tentacle Strike's cooldown.
- Moderately increases Tentacle Strike's range.
T-Virus Sample
- Moderately increases Mutation rate when destroying Zombies with Tentacle Strike.
- Gain the Undetectable status effect for 15 seconds when a Zombie is destroyed.
Serotonin Injector
- Considerably increases Killer Instinct duration after a Survivor uses a Vaccine.
- Survivors now suffer from the Incapacitated status effect for 20 seconds after using a Vaccine.
Licker Tongue
- Removes the ability to level up Mutation past Tier II.
- Grants Nemesis the ability to injure uncontaminated Survivors with Tentacle Strike.
- Moderately reduces Mutation rate when hitting Survivors with Tentacle Strike.
- Moderately reduces Tentacle Strike's cooldown.
NE-a Parasite
- When becoming Contaminated, Survivors suffer from the Oblivious status effect for 60 seconds.
- Considerably increases Tentacle Strike's range.
Jill's Sandwich
- When becoming Contaminated, the Survivor's Aura is revealed for 6 seconds.
- After a Survivor unlocks a Supply Case, they will produce a scream and their Aura is revealed for 12 seconds.
Depleted Ink Ribbon
- Moderately reduces Zombie respawn time.
- Moderately increases Zombie movement speed.
- Once all 5 Generators are completed and an Exit Gate is beginning to be opened, a Zombie will automatically disappear from its current location and re-appear 6 meters behind the Survivor, facing them.
Broken Recovery Coin
- Adds 4 Supply Cases to the Trial.
- Injured Survivors suffer from the Broken status effect for 60 seconds after using a Vaccine.
- Survivors at full health suffer from the Hindered status effect for 30 seconds after using a Vaccine.
Shattered S.T.A.R.S. Badge
- Adds 1 Zombie to the Trial.
- Grants Zombies the ability to injure uncontaminated Survivors.
- Considerably reduces Mutation rate when hitting Survivors with Tentacle Strike.
- Moderately reduces Mutation rate when destroying Zombies with Tentacle Strike.
Iridescent Umbrella Badge
- Removes the ability to level up Mutation past Tier I.
- When becoming Contaminated, Survivors suffer from the Exposed status effect for 30 seconds.
- After 120 seconds, Contamination will automatically go away for the afflicted Survivor.
When I say "increases Tentacle Strike's range", what I mean is that the add-ons increase the range by 1m, 1.5m and 2m in all three tiers, respectively from Slight, Moderate and Considerable.
=======================================================================================
Now, why did I make another Nemesis add-on thing? Well, simple. I don't find Nemesis' current add-ons fun to use nor anywhere near appealing to use most of the time. If I'm not using a zombie speed add-on, Marvin's Blood or Serotonin Injector (currently), then I'm not using the optimal builds.
Additionally, most of the add-ons are quite useless even in casual play. These changes I'm suggesting make every add-on actually give Nemesis value instead of just being pointless.
No one, for example, runs S.T.A.R.S. Field Combat Manual because it provides zero actual utilization for the match and is a complete waste of space for an add-on slot. My version of it would at least give it some sort of appeal to use while still making it very beginner-friendly for new players; my version teaches new players that "if a zombie is looking a certain way, a Survivor is probably there".
My version of every add-on gives each part of Nemesis' kit better purpose, as well as new and unique, defining playstyles that make Nemesis himself more unique by proxy. Sure, his base power is still extremely unimaginative and should never have been made like this because it doesn't represent "Nemesis", but still, these would be a good start to actually be going on the right track for Nemesis.
Also, I feel somewhat proud of the ideas for these add-ons that change him quite a lot. Yes, one add-on does suggest a change that seems "unlikely" for now (Shattered S.T.A.R.S. Badge), but I feel that Licker Tongue, Jill's Sandwich, Depleted Ink Ribbon and Iridescent Umbrella Badge are probably the smartest ideas I came up with since they actually make things either more fun or more tense for all parties involved.
I'm basically giving away my free time to devote myself to these ideas in the hopes that people will like them, or that someone from the development team actually takes the time to look at these.
So please, if you enjoy any of these changes, in concept, then upvote this thing and explain which ones you like, and which ones you disagree with. I want this to garner enough attention and support to where the developers will actually have to see this, because I want Nemesis to be more fun and his add-ons to be more fun.
Until next time.
Comments
Addendum
In the event the Shattered S.T.A.R.S. Badge add-on suggestion isn't well-received, I have an alternative version I would like to share. If you enjoy this version more, or think this one's more realistic, do upvote it.
Shattered S.T.A.R.S. Badge