Is this a hacker situation?

Hi, everyone!

I was in a match as a survivor with a medkit. I ran up to a survivor healing another survivor. There was a second of lag, then the wounded survivor suddenly was healing herself with MY medkit and I was suddenly holding HER flashlight. How did this happen? I did not drop the medkit myself.

Comments

  • He probably drop his item and when you try to heal him you instead pick his item because it's both on M1 button. It's thief situation.

  • I've never seen such a hack neither it makes any sense. I would bet on laggs+missclick scenario rather than an actual exploit.

  • I remember running up to them and lagging but not pressing any buttons at all. After the lag our items switched. I don't remember actually getting to go for the heal, but that does seem like the most likely explanation. Let's go with that! Thanks guys!