Whats the hold up on Xbox -> PC cross progression

I'd really like to now more than ever move to PC but I can't just drop EVERYTHING I've earned. I have almost 3000 hours worth of content logged on DBD xbox and only 440 on PC yet I'm still nowhere close to having any survivors P3 and don't even have the perks I need to focus on one character. Since I cannot play console I'd like to know whats the hold up on cross progression which was promised almost a year ago. Especially between Xbox and PC it surely can't be THAT hard since most games have Xbox to PC cross progression

Comments

  • nobody has a good answer for it considering Microsoft gives you access to both console and Windows Store versions of DbD and both use your same gamertag. I don't even own DbD yet I can play it on both console and pc.

  • What does Sony have to do with xbox? nothing.... hes talking about xbox and xbox pc

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    Apart from platforms needing to agree to it, there's the issue of how to set it up, then setting up the databases, how the databases communicate with the various platforms, how the User will access these databases with a unique ID (BHVR accounts), and how to merge all of a User's accounts. All while trying not to corrupt any existing data, especially when merging existing data. (And many many other steps that I'm too comfortable in my armchair to know about)

    They already have cross progression only between Stadia and PC

  • @suggestivemoaning said:

    It's Microsoft and Sony. This is the ONE thing you can't blame the devs for, since it's not within their control.

    It really does fall on the devs. Microsoft has shown they dont care about PC -> to xbox or vice versa and have allowed several games already to do it some smaller than DBD so theres no reason they're holding back.