Will I get banned for this?

e.png

So my friend is a key trader. Today he told me that he came across something I might like and gave me a key for free without telling me what it is. It was the Silent Hill Cosmetic Pack. Now it's nothing special, right? However, I figured that I've actually never seen this pack being sold via a key. It's even delisted on Steam. So my question is, will I get in trouble for owning it without buying the Silent Hill Edition? I'm sorry if this seems like a dumb question but I don't really know my way around keys and such so I'm just worried since I have almost 4k hours in the game and I don't want to lose it all.

Comments

  • My friend bought the exact same cosmetic pack for me as a gift yesterday and i redeemed it. I don't own the Silent Hill DLC either, i only bought Cheryl with cells way before. You don't have to worry about getting banned.

  • No you'll be fine... There are websites out there that specifically sell Steam keys for a lot cheaper than they can be found on Steam including delisted ones.

    It's pretty common knowledge that a lot of them are stolen keys but it's impossible for you to get banned for buying a key off of someone because it's basically untraceable.


    EDIT: Never buy keys you think are stolen, I'm not advocating for that lol. I'm just saying that you can buy a key from a website and there's a chance it could be illegal but you would have no idea.

  • @Mert_MK said:

    My friend bought the exact same cosmetic pack for me as a gift yesterday and i redeemed it. I don't own the Silent Hill DLC either, i only bought Cheryl with cells way before. You don't have to worry about getting banned.

    @gendoss said:

    No you'll be fine... There are websites out there that specifically sell Steam keys for a lot cheaper than they can be found on Steam including delisted ones.

    It's pretty common knowledge that a lot of them are stolen keys but it's impossible for you to get banned for buying a key off of someone because it's basically untraceable.

    Oh, alright! Thank you! That really put my mind to ease. The key being stolen was the thing I was worried about since I don't know the exact punishment for owning a stolen delisted DLC. Now however I can go to sleep as a happy man knowing my friend saved me some money.

  • @Medican221 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2356273#Comment_2356273

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2356274#Comment_2356274

    Oh, alright! Thank you! That really put my mind to ease. The key being stolen was the thing I was worried about since I don't know the exact punishment for owning a stolen delisted DLC. Now however I can go to sleep as a happy man knowing my friend saved me some money.

    If they can prove it was stolen, it's a different story. As it should be.

  • @MadLordJack said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2356282#Comment_2356282

    If they can prove it was stolen, it's a different story. As it should be.

    If they find out the DLC has been stolen they will just remove it from my account. I did some digging on this. If the DLC really is stolen I will have no problem with it being taken away from me since I don't want anything stolen on my account anyway.