Should Ghost face have a reduced cool down?

Like the title says.

I see people say it needs a reduced cool down and I see others saying it's fine, so I'm curious about what everybody answer is on here.

I generally think needs a reduced cool down but that's just me when its sometimes easy to reveal him very far away.

Comments

  • I think its fine. If people practice they can knock it out of him pretty quick

  • @Edgars_Raven said:

    I think its fine. If people practice they can knock it out of him pretty quick

    Yeah true, might just be a detection issue then.

  • Yeah if you ever go against a group that know how to knock you out quick its a miserable existence even with the double recovery

  • @Edgars_Raven said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2352066#Comment_2352066

    Yeah if you ever go against a group that know how to knock you out quick its a miserable existence even with the double recovery

    Mostly if your hiding behind a rock and somehow they kicked you out of power.

  • @Edgars_Raven said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2352066#Comment_2352066

    Yeah if you ever go against a group that know how to knock you out quick its a miserable existence even with the double recovery

    I don’t think a reduced cooldown is the answer to this though, as that isn’t going to deter a SWF having 1 dedicated expert looper follow you around to reveal you over and over again.

    I think there needs to be a more severe penalty for taking him out of stealth TBH. Longer KI at base perhaps? Maybe an additional status effect is applied? What if it gives GF Haste when revealed? This would up the ante when weighing up risk vs reward when revealing him. They’re potentially making themselves an easy target when KI reveals them, or possibly screwing over another survivor that’s now dealing with a faster GF temporarily.

  • @TheClownIsKing said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2352069#Comment_2352069

    I don’t think a reduced cooldown is the answer to this though, as that isn’t going to deter a SWF having 1 dedicated expert looper follow you around to reveal you over and over again.

    I think there needs to be a more severe penalty for taking him out of stealth TBH. Longer KI at base perhaps? Maybe an additional status effect is applied? What if it gives GF Haste when revealed? This would up the ante when weighing up risk vs reward when revealing him. They’re potentially making themselves an easy target when KI reveals them, or possibly screwing over another survivor that’s now dealing with a faster GF temporarily.

    I dont think he needs a reduced cool down either, but i like ideas for upping his base in other ways. Hes to 1 dimensional. I find him extremely boring to play as and for some reason he feels slow af

  • @TheClownIsKing said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2352069#Comment_2352069

    I don’t think a reduced cooldown is the answer to this though, as that isn’t going to deter a SWF having 1 dedicated expert looper follow you around to reveal you over and over again.

    I think there needs to be a more severe penalty for taking him out of stealth TBH. Longer KI at base perhaps? Maybe an additional status effect is applied? What if it gives GF Haste when revealed? This would up the ante when weighing up risk vs reward when revealing him. They’re potentially making themselves an easy target when KI reveals them, or possibly screwing over another survivor that’s now dealing with a faster GF temporarily.

    I heavily disagree with the penalty. You are, in essence, punishing survivors for countering a killer, or rewarding a killer for being countered. KI is acceptable because it doesn't really do anything, but making Ghostface faster, or giving him some other kind of buff is like giving Trapper a buff when survivors disarm his traps (or just punishing survivors for disarming his traps).

  • @Edgars_Raven said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2352102#Comment_2352102

    I dont think he needs a reduced cool down either, but i like ideas for upping his base in other ways. Hes to 1 dimensional. I find him extremely boring to play as and for some reason he feels slow af

    Really? He feels quite speedy to me due to his short height.

  • @TheClownIsKing said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2352103#Comment_2352103

    Really? He feels quite speedy to me due to his short height.

    Yeah idk what it is hes always felt like 112 to me. I hate it

  • @TheClownIsKing said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2352069#Comment_2352069

    I don’t think a reduced cooldown is the answer to this though, as that isn’t going to deter a SWF having 1 dedicated expert looper follow you around to reveal you over and over again.

    I think there needs to be a more severe penalty for taking him out of stealth TBH. Longer KI at base perhaps? Maybe an additional status effect is applied? What if it gives GF Haste when revealed? This would up the ante when weighing up risk vs reward when revealing him. They’re potentially making themselves an easy target when KI reveals them, or possibly screwing over another survivor that’s now dealing with a faster GF temporarily.

    tbh, giving ghostface some kind of buff when he is revealed wouldn't be too bad for an addon similiar to Trapper's iri coil. But I don't think it would make sense to give it to him base kit.

  • @Orion said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2352102#Comment_2352102

    I heavily disagree with the penalty. You are, in essence, punishing survivors for countering a killer, or rewarding a killer for being countered. KI is acceptable because it doesn't really do anything, but making Ghostface faster, or giving him some other kind of buff is like giving Trapper a buff when survivors disarm his traps (or just punishing survivors for disarming his traps).

    Perhaps it could be an add on then? Trapper has Bloody Coil after all.

  • @TheClownIsKing said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2352106#Comment_2352106

    Perhaps it could be an add on then? Trapper has Bloody Coil after all.

    Sure. Add-ons are fair game.

  • make it 15 base but nerf the cooldown addons

  • @Edgars_Raven said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2352107#Comment_2352107

    Yeah idk what it is hes always felt like 112 to me. I hate it

    I love how intense it looks from the survivor perspective though. Just casually walking, then suddenly breaking out into a homicidal sprint.

  • Definitely needs to be reduced and then the cooldown addons nerfed a bit in compensation. This will allow more flexibility/variety with Ghostface addon usage instead of double cooldown addons being his best kit.



    He definitely needs another buff somewhere, too. It's too easy for good teams to just constantly knock you out of stealth and then loop you for days as you have nothing else to help you in chases.

  • Yes. Improve recharge rate as part of base kit, nerf his recharge add ons to compensate, and buff/rework his other add ons. After this, you could leave him untouched.

  • In my opinion getting a "stealth stab" (hitting a survivor with NS active) or downing a marked survivor should automatically fill 50% of his power meter. This way you reward good GFs who make excellent use of his power.

    Alternatively, make his recovery 20 seconds and rework Chewed Pen.