Paying for the skins (Not a rage post) [Long Post]

See, this is a perfect example of what people are after

https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/26526/console-player-thanks-for-the-event-bhvr#latest

In this post, OP talked about how Console players never had a chance at Legacy.

And this is indeed one of the closest things thus far to Legacy skins, plus they just look really cool.

And I understand 100% what people are expressing... In past events, any cosmetic tied to it, were only obtainable through playing the event. Which is pretty standard for an event. But no one asked the group of people who don't have the time to grind things like this.

I was lucky enough to be able to grind the last few events, but I only got the killer items that is all I had time for. I missed out on the David Jacket and Huntress Mask completely. I thought those looked very cool, and I was not able to get them. It kind of bummed me to know that I would never be able to get some of these items.

And I will be honest, I despise event based items, I really do. In one game I saw a really dope skin that I wanted, so I looked into it, and found out is from an event 2 years ago, and only obtainable through said event. That made me bummed out, cause it looked really cool. So I can imagine that is how some people would feel in the future, seeing how cool these blight skins are.

The skins themselves I believe can draw in players, not just the game. And if they are only obtainable through an event, they are going to get bummed out. But I will reiterate, that from past events, we expected them same thing "only obtainable through X event" which is fair enough.

However, I don't mind the option for it to be buy able and stay in store past the event. I don't have the time to grind hours, but I do have a spare $10 to get the exact thing I want. And that is good enough for me. If you want the free skin, feel free to grind it out, if you don't have the time or want to support the game, then by all means, put a bit of cash forward. BUT no one is forcing you to buy it.

I do believe that the DEVs could've handled it much better. I believe that during the event "Blight" based skins should be obtainable through the event or buying it, then stay it store so people can grind it for Iridescent Shards, or once again, put some money forward. The event itself, should have had some sort of exclusive item tied to it I agree, because events should feel special. As much as I do hate them.

I blame the DEVs for a lot of things and I give them a lot of tough #########, but this is one time I will defend what they are doing here. But people need to be understanding the community as well.

So let's all get out there and get us some cool ass skins!

Comments

  • I'm also a console player.

    I'm also excited, and grateful for this event.

    3/21 pieces for a mild grind is something I wasn't expecting.

    I just expected a little more meat on the bone.

  • @Dwight_Confusion said:
    I'm also a console player.

    I'm also excited, and grateful for this event.

    3/21 pieces for a mild grind is something I wasn't expecting.

    I just expected a little more meat on the bone.

    And that's fair enough.