Why Dead Hard is one of the best designed Survivor perks

Dead Hard is probably one of the best designed perks for Survivors in the entire game. The reason I say this is because it requires the most interaction and precise timing of all of the perks in the survivors arsenal as well as giving the survivor plenty of opportunities to use it. It requires you to juggle running, looking behind you and judging when to use it at the most optimal time. If you use it well as a survivor, you get the most satisfaction because the timing to use it is so precise. It also gives Killers the change to interact with the survivor by attempting to have the survivor use it at a bad time. Plus it gives plenty of opportunity to use it badly.

It is buggy because of lag and a lot of times it causes the survivor to end of on the ground, exhausted and the code can be improved. I do think Sprint Burst and Lithe are better perks and will always use Sprint Burst over Dead Hard, however I appreciate the Devs design of Dead Hard and will play it every once in a while. (Because of tunneling, Sprint Burst is the best perk to prevent that and I usually wind up regretting not running Sprint Burst).

I think flashbang is another very well designed perk that allows Survivors the ability to affect the outcome of the game with a perk that is more skill based and usefulness than other perks. Distraction is another well designed perk.

Smash Hit, although it is another perk that requires skill to get the most from it, has the major downfall of it not have enough opportunities to use it. If it gave you 2 seconds of speed after throwing a pallet and 4 seconds of speed after stunning a killer with a pallet, I think it would be better designed because it gives more opportunities for use.

Comments

1 2 ›